Friday, January 24, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!!! I was so thankful for a short week, and I'm so looking forward to this weekend! We have lots of celebrating on the agenda, because Gretchen turns 12 on Sunday!!! 

I mean, it was yesterday when she looked like this
and now she's a pre-teen and I just can't handle it. 

In true Friday Fashion, I'm linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci and sharing my Friday Favorites. 
Megan received a kiwi crate membership for Christmas and she and Gretchen finally put the first box together on Sunday. Addy and I had a birthday party to go to, so it was perfect that the big girls could stay home and work together on the box without Addy getting in the way. 
A clean kitchen is my favorite. If you missed it, I shared our New Year re-fresh to our dining and living room here. 
And this diffuser blend was giving me all the feels over the weekend. 
The girls were out of school on Monday for MLK day, and it took me right back to when we visited the Lorraine Motel this summer where he was shot and killed. The hotel still looks exactly the same, and I honestly had no words for all of my feelings while we were there, and I still don't. 

I guess now, I just want to teach my girls to love everybody for who they are, and I pray to Jesus that they're kind. 
The little girls had friends over on Monday morning, and after they cleaned up from their play date we settled in to watch My Girl 2. We watched My Girl (on Netflix) Saturday night and after it was over, they all wanted to know what happened next, so we rented My Girl 2 on apple TV, and they were much happier with that ending than the first. 

(Warning- if you watch My Girl 2, it does talk about sex in the beginning of the movie, and of course, I had forgotten about that. )

Monday night, we prepped for back to school, and this girl did her reading. 
Tuesday afternoon, Adalyn had a playdate, so Megan and I had about an hour home together and we loved having the 1:1 time, which is so rare with us. I love this girls heart and spirit. 

And I caught Addy in the act at gymnastics this week- look at that handstand on the beam! 
Wednesday after school, the little girls and I went to get our nails done. Addy picked a sparkly purple and Megan picked silver sparkles. I went with a neutral gray-ish/purple color. 

When DJ came home Wednesday night, he surprised us with our favorite cookies. 

Young Living announced FREE shipping on their Premium Starter Kits which of course, was a favorite announcement!!! You can grab your starter kit here and get free shipping, and then et a welcome gift back from me! 
And, they released new vitality drops to flavor water. We tried them out last night, and yum- they were delicious! 

Alright, I'm off to clean house and get ready for a party this weekend with lots of celebrating! 


No comments:

Post a Comment