Thursday, January 23, 2020

Home Refresh

I'm not sure about you, but after the holiday decorations came down, I'm ready for a clean slate. I like to pack away the clutter and frills and get back to basics. 

This year was just like the others, and we took down the Christmas decorations as soon as we got back from the Alamo Bowl, and I spent two days getting our house put back together. 
In our dining room, I switched the table around, it ran the length of the room and now it runs the width, and I'm so happy with it.

My table runner is hearth and hand (similar here). The dough bowl was my grandmother's (but, I found a similar one here), and I have faux pears inside. Our salt & pepper shakes are also from hearth and hand. 

My grandmother's old sewing stand is our little sideboard. I have an antique pitcher with eucalyptus stems. (which was my grandmother's), a small vase, a picture of the girls and I baking during Thanksgiving one year, a cute little wood house, and a candlestick. 
After I finished in the dining room, I freshened up our living room too. 
Our table has a little Bible verse sign, and underneath, I did a tray filled with lemon accessories that were my grandmother's, a few bowls, another photo, and an oil diffuser.
I thought I'd share my little tiered tray too :) This tray just makes me happy. I bought it from Magnolia in Waco several years ago, and it's still one of my favorite things. In keeping with the "crisp" feeling for the New Year, I placed lots of neutral accessories on it. 
And finally, I changed around our entry way. The secretary use to be under the signs, but I shifted it to the wall, and hung up hooks to hang coats or bags on. We also have a place for all of our shoes to go- mostly because our floors show all the dirt and dust! 

Sigh. A fresh crisp start in January just makes me so happy. 

Do you declutter your home in the New Year? Do you love having a fresh slate in your home?



No comments:

Post a Comment