Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Three Things

It's been a while since I've shared a "three things" post, so I thought I'd share one again. It's just a fun little update about what's been going on with each of us. 
Adalyn

1. Adalyn is doing great in 1st grade! Homework is still a battle, but she's exhausted at the end of the day and just wants to play. I have noticed that her reading seems to be improving and she's learning more and more sight words. 
2. She still loves gymnastics and has told us she wants to be a cheerleader. 
3. We are working (again) on getting her to stop sucking her thumb. So far, she's been doing really well during the day! 

Gretchen

1. She is thriving in middle school. She just auditioned for the spring play and had a call back, so we are crossing our fingers. 
2. She still loves to read and is reading all of the time.... but she also loves playing with her legos. She's also making straight A's in school. 
3. She'll be 12 this month and we're planning a "throw back" birthday party for her and having a sleepover with her friends. 

Megan

1. This year Megan will be on Showteam Gold in gymnastics. After this year, she should progress on to team and start competing. She's loving gymnastics and even if she never competes, it gives her so much confidence!
2. She loves the DogMan series and we're working our way through another Little House book. Her reading has come a long way. She also loves her teacher and talks about him all the time, but she won't necessarily talk to him at school! 
3. She's so funny! This past weekend she was pretending she was an "old lady" and had all of us cracking up! I tried to take a picture but she wouldn't let me, and I totally respect her privacy with that. I'm sure I had tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! 

DJ and me

1. DJ's work schedule last week was nuts. In fact, it was a very hard week since he put in very long days and I wasn't fully expecting how long the days would be. Thankfully, he should be back to a normal-ish schedule this week and we can look forward to having him home more.
2. I'm still working part time and loving my job. I absolutely love the people I work with and love the kids. I'm also digging in and working harder in my Young Living business and have some big goals for 2020.
3. Vacation??? DJ turns 40 this year and we'll be married 15 years in December so we are looking in to a vacation just the two of us. We still aren't 100% sure, but thanks to a travel agent, we have an idea, and now we just have to really figure out the logistics. 

So, that's a little bit about what's been going on with each of us! 

If you're hear and a part of our little word, let me say thank you for continuing to read and support us, and of course, we'd love for you to follow along on Instagram too! 

Happy Tuesday friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment