Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Favorites

Happy Valentine's Day! 

This morning the girls are waking up to some fun surprises and they'll get to celebrate with friends today at school. Last night we went out for our annual pizza-dinner with the girls, because we knew that restaurants would be crazy crowded tonight! 
Today, I'm linking up and sharing my Friday Favorites. 
1. Adalyn had a filling on Monday and she was not doing well even though she was "sedated." Mostly she was just whiny and the dentist was super patient and nice but he didn't want to do the procedure if she wasn't a willing participant. He stepped out of the room to check on some other patients and I put some Valor on her wrist and over her heart, and y'all, once he came back in she had calmed down enough to let him finish! Later that afternoon, I asked her what made her brave, and she said "the oil, mom." Like duh, I should have known. 
2. Gretchen's school had a baking competition for their book fair, so she made Rock Cakes from Harry Potter.  She loves to bake (and read) so this was 100% right up her alley. 
There were lots of kids that entered and they were all so talented!
Gretchen won Honorable Mention for her Rock Cakes and received a free poster and $5.00 to spend at the book fair. 
3. The little girls had "friendship week" and had a dress up day each day. Wednesday was mis-match day and Megan went all out! Addy tried, but let's be honest- she'd wear that outfit anyday. 
Megan had mismatch shoes, shirts, hair styles and hair bows. She was for sure wacky. 
She totally owned her look! And honestly, I was a bit surprised to see how out there she went, because it's not really like her, but I was so proud of her for being brave enough to be mismatched! 
4. I ordered from Safe & Fair a few weeks ago, and it finally came in. Costco had their Birthday Cake granola last Spring and we were obsessed with it, but they don't carry it all the time, so I decided to just order direct from the company. I also ordered apple pie granola, and two baking mixes. If you have a kiddo with allergies, you need to check out Safe & Fair because they're allergy free and delicious! 
5. We are still on the hunt for the best pizza in the Austin area, which landed us in downtown Round Rock at Slapbox. The little girls are picky when it comes to pizza, so we ordered them a slice of cheese and pepperoni and it was huge! Addy was all "I have to eat this!" when it came out. 
Megan ate all of hers though! I mean, that crust, y'all. 
And tomorrow, this girl and I are off on a super fun adventure! 

Be sure to follow along on Instagram! 

Alright, I'm off to run errands, celebrate Valentine's day with the little girls, and to pack! 

Happy Valentine's day friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment