Valentine's day this year went by super fast but man, did we have fun celebrating!
When Gretchen was a few weeks old, DJ and I started our tradition of eating pizza on Valentine's day.... 12 years later and it's still our family favorite.
We had a new born and wanted to go out to celebrate, but we didn't want to go somewhere and ruin a couple's romantic dinner. So, we went to a local pizza place, which was shockingly crowded, but, a tradition was born, and every year, we eat pizza for Valentine's day.
We are still on the hunt for a favorite pizza place here in Austin. We decided to try Slapbox which is in downtown Round Rock and we weren't too disappointed. Because Megan and Adalyn are pickier than the rest of us, we ordered them pizza by the slice. Cheese for Addy and Pepperoni for Megan. Y'all, the slice was bigger than their heads!
Look at the size of that crust!!!!
We ended up eating pizza on the 13th since we knew our evening of the 14th would be busy. The girls didn't mind an earlier pizza date.
After the girls went to bed, I put their presents in their Valentine envelopes and spread out a tablecloth sprinkled with "confetti"
I had thought about surprising them with doughnuts for breakfast, but let's be honest- I wasn't waking up that early to go get them!
My mom came through and made each of the girls shirts for Valentine's day. Look how cute! And, I'm just happy they're still matching! It's not often I get them in matching clothes.
Megan and Adalyn's parties were at the exact same time. So, I started off at Megan's. Each of the kids chose what type of food they wanted, so there was a random assortment of brownies, chips, guacamole, wheat thins, and fruit. Her class passed out Valentine's and then I snuck over to Addy's party.
Addy was well in to her ice cream sundae when I arrived. She squeezed my neck and then her class handed out their Valentine's to each other.
My sweet Valentine.
Her teacher had the most fun minute-to-win-it game set up for them! They had to bite the ends off a twizler, open a pixie stick and dump it in to a circle, unwrap a Hershey kiss, and then unwrap smarties and place them in a square; they also had to blow the pixie stick sugar out of it's circle. I mean, it was seriously the cutest idea!
DJ came home and surprised us all with Tiff's Treats; I had also bought chocolate covered strawberries, so we definitely treated ourselves!
How did you celebrate Valentine's Day this year? Does your family have a fun tradition?


No comments:
Post a Comment