School lunch prep use to kill me when the girls were younger. Even though I would fix their lunches the night before, I still never felt like we were in a good routine. However, I started really planning and prepping ahead and finally found a routine that works great for our family!
We also bought a new fridge in November and as soon as I saw it, my mind was blown with how I could really maximize our space and use it to our advantage.
Our fridge has a huge middle drawer, and I knew instantly that this would be our "school lunch" drawer. In our last fridge we tried to have this system, but the fridge was smaller and while it worked, it didn't work as well as this does.
The large middle drawer is divided in to three sections. On one side, I had the girls bread- and once we filled it with lunch options, I moved the bread to the larger fridge section.
I made a few pb& j sandwiches and a few turkey/cheese sandwiches.
Behind the sandwiches, I divided out portions of peppers and carrots.
On the other side, we have hummus, cheese, yogurt, and bags of grapes and oranges.
We also have a snack shelf in the pantry which makes fixing lunches easy! I keep Made God granola bars, raisins, dried fruit, little cokies, and granola balls.
This method of grab & go, just makes fixing lunches so much easier! Yes, there are some weeks where I don't fix as much or prepare as much. I really try to get the girls to help make some sandwiches in advance, and wash/seperate the fruits & veggies as soon as we get home from the grocery store.
Hopefully this helps motivate you with a chore that isn't always fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment