Gretchen and I left bright and early Friday morning. By bright and early, I mean 5:30, which was 4:30 central time! It wasn't so bright when we left, but hey, we did see the sunrise! Gretchen did very well in the car. She was awake for about an hour, and then slept for another hour, and then ate breakfast in the car. I had everything layed out and prepared, and close to me, so I could reach it all and pass it to her in the back seat. We drove for about 3 1/2 hours before stopping to get gas and change her diaper and clothes. We got back into the car and just drove! It took us about 9 hours to get to Branson, and I can't brag enough about how wonderful Gretchen did in the car! If you travel and you're not using a DVD player, I suggest you get one! It was a lifesaver, and a treat since Gretchen's t.v. time is limited!
We met my mom and sister-in-law at The Branson Landings. The shopping centers is a few years old, but it was my first time being there. (I haven't been to Branson, since our honeymoon 4 years ago!) The Landings are set right on the lake with beautiful fountains and wonderful shopping! The weather was a delightful 70 degrees, and after Indiana weather it was very much welcomed! I was even warm in a tank and hoodie!
Stay tuned; I have more Branson pictures to post!
No comments:
Post a Comment