Friday, December 4, 2009

Branson Post 2

Onto the afternoon of day 2!

After spending the morning shopping at my favorite outlet mall, Tanger Shops, we headed to the Hard Luck Cafe for a late lunch and suprise 50th birthday shindig for my aunt! The ladies planned well and had tiara's and boa's for each of us! Gretchen had not had her nap by this point in the day, so she was exhausted, but still well behaved. Above she is sporting her "boa" and crown.
Gretchen and I at Hard Luck. I think she loved being a little princess for a few hours!

And, the queen of us all- my grandmother!


Gretchen and Gran at the Hard Luck Cafe.

Above: My aunt being serenaded by the staff at Hard Luck. If you ever take a trip to Branson, you must eat at the Hard Luck! It's located in the Grand Village shopping center, and is fabulous! The waiters take turns singing songs (no, not karoke style) while still serving you delicious food and shakes!
When we left the restraunt, Santa was waiting! I have some pictures with Gretchen and Santa, but they're on a different camera card. Gretchen actually warmed up to him after a few minutes and she loved the "Cat in the Hat" toy that he gave her. Santa also took some time to take a picture with our group. Yes, all 14 of us- and we all fit in one 2 bedroom condo! Thank goodness for blowup mattresses!
Saturday evening, we went to see a play/musical about the birth of Christ. It was wonderful, but because Gretchen was absolutely exhausted at this point, I have no pictures! She did very well during the play though, and we had the best aisle seat, so she was upclose to many of the animals that had to use the center aisle!

And, later that evening, my grandmother, The Queen, read us a little poem about growing older! (She's going to kill me for posting this picture).
And, Libby, entertained us with another poem. Libby is my mom's best friend and writes wonderful poems for everyone on their annual Branson trips!

Relaxing at the condo, and snacking a bit too!

Gretchen with her fabulous cousin, Hannah. I'm fairly sure they were watching t.v. at this point.
This rounds out day 2, and likely some of day 3. My picture taking was getting few and far between at this point, but I may have a few more to post later!









2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Love the tiara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun time in Branson.I love that all the girls do that!

    ReplyDelete