For those of you who are new to my blog, I'm warning you, that I do blog about EVERYTHING! Not one topic is off limits to me, and I love to blog about my family!
I have a 2 year old daughter, who is my inspiration behind so many things. She was acting silly at bath time Tuesday night, so I decided to get my camera and snap a few pictures. I'm hoping that I can photoshop some of them and frame them for her bathroom.
DJ and I have been encouraging Gretchen to say her name. As a speech therapist, I knew that she that her being able to say her name would be a difficult task. "Gr" is a blend, which doesn't develop until age 5, the /g/ won't develop until age 3 or 4, and even the /r/ shouldn't develop until age 7 or so. "Ch" is also a difficult sound, that doesn't typically develop until 5-6 years. So, I knew that her name would be pronouced "Deten".
Knowing all of this, I did not realize that she would think her name was something entirely different. DJ often refers to her as "baby girl". So, when you ask her what her name is she'll respond "baby girl"! If I ask her, she'll respond "mommys baby girl", and if DJ asks her then her name is "daddys baby girl". It's cute what kids come up with, huh?
DJ if you read this- we have to stop calling her baby girl!
so cute! Sydney likes to drink the bath water too, and yes it is disgusting!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Just so cute!
ReplyDeleteHey just stopping by to say Hi from Friday Follow!
Happy Follow Friday!
Tami
www.heartsmakefamilies.com
She is just too precious for words!
ReplyDelete