Saturday was a busy day for us in Chicago. We started out the day riding the train into downtown and going to Shedd's Aquarium. If you haven't ever been, and you're planning a trip to Chicago, I would go, but I would buy my tickets in advance!

Thankfully, we didn't have to wait too long in line, but it was a really long line!

When we finally did get inside, I took Gretchen over to the gift shop to "play" while DJ stood in line to purchase our tickets. I don't know what I'm going to do when she turns 3 and we actually have to buy her tickets for events!

The museum is broken into pieces (the rainforest, ocean, lakes, and Africa). We found this wierd snake type fish in the Rainforest. This just reaffirms that I do not ever want to go there!

I don't know why this picture is sideways, when it was taken the right way, but just turn your head to the side :). We purchased tickets to see the 4-D shortened version of Happy Feet.

Gretchen really liked the glasses (and the movie!)

After seeing the movie, we made our way downstairs to the penguin play area. I promise she had more fun that what it looks like!

We then, headed over to the water table play area.

And, Gretchen got to touch a real starfish! She really wanted to pick it up though!

We headed downstairs to the ocean area, and Gretchen got to watch waves simulated in this tank.

There were even aquariums above our head.
We also got to see sharks and then we made our way back upstairs to visit the fish in the lakes and Africa area.
My one complaint about the museum is that it was really crowded! Again, buy your tickets in advance, and go during the week!
I haven't been to Chicago in years...it's such a cool city! Looks like you guys are having fun. Enjoy!
ReplyDelete