Thursday, May 6, 2010

National Day of Prayer


Today is the National Day of Prayer. As a Christian, I feel that this is an important day for us to remember.
I remember the "See You at the Pole" days while I was in school, but as I grow older, I don't hear about these days as often.
My favorite radio station, KLOVE, is having pastors pray on their station all day long, and they've been talking about this day all week.
So, I wanted to blog about it and learn a bit more about it myself! And, of course, share it all with you guys!
The National Day of Prayer is an annual observance held on the first Thursday of May, inviting people of all faiths to pray for the nation. It was created in 1952 by a joint resolution of the United States Congress, and signed into law by President Harry S. Truman.
The National Day of Prayer Task Force’s mission is to communicate with every individual the need for personal repentance and prayer, mobilizing the Christian community to intercede for America and its leadership in the seven centers of power: Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family.
The theme for this year is “Prayer for Such a Time as This” and is based on the verse from Nahum 1:7 which states: “The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him.”
You can go to their website to learn more about this day, and to sign up for weekly prayer tips, find an event near you, and to sign a petition to keep this observance.
I challenge you to take a few moments out of your busy day to say a prayer for our country, its leaders, and for your family. I also challenge you to pray with your little honey's tonight and for God's guidance in your life.
If you are participating in this day, please take a moment to leave a comment, so I can pray for you as well.

1 comment:

  1. Our school had "see you at the pole" today... I think we need to pray for our country and leaders no matter what your political persuasion may be...

    ReplyDelete