Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Gift Ideas

I've been planning this post for a week, and I'm just now getting around to writing it. Father's day is THIS Sunday, and I'm proud to say, I just have to pick up a gift card and get our cards in the mail to my dad and DJ's dad. My husband received his father's day gift (a custom golf club) back in April. We tend to do better with this holiday, than with Mother's day!

I also found these great ideas: I spotted this while reading through my blog roll today. You can find the directions to make this beer mug here. It's just butterscotch candy and marshmallows in a beer mug, but so cute!
I found this desk bowl on Etsy for only $16.00. You can find it here.
My husband and father-in-law both love to grill. I think these custom spice jars are a neat idea, and it's only $12.00 for the set of 4. You can find it here.
We only have a daughter, but this sign would be neat for anyone with a boy and a girl. It's only $8.95, and you can find it here.

Need some more frugal (or fast) ideas?
~Take your child's photo with dad's favorite object- a soccer ball, football, etc.
~ Purchase a "D", and an "A" wood letters from a craft store, and take your child's picture with the letter "D" two times, and the letter "A" one time. Frame the pictures in a 3 photo frame to spell "DAD".
~ Head on over to DLTK-kids and print off some great Father's day craft projects to do with the kids this week! (I really like their foot prints poem)
~ Make your dad or hubby a candy bouquet, or just fill a bucket with some of his favorite goodies.
~ Have your kids make a homemade card.
Most importantly, let dad relax for the day and remind him what a great father and husband that he is!

1 comment:

  1. I love that mug! Thinking about getting some rootbeer candies and doing it- for a dark "beer" and b/c dh likes those better.

    ReplyDelete