Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Teaching Tots- L is for Lamb

Today we did a little arts and crafts project, as we discussed our letters of the alphabet. I found this lamb image on dltk-kids and printed it off. I cut it out, and let Gretchen choose which color construction paper she wanted to glue it on to. Today, I let her help me squeeze the glue, and I showed her how to turn it over and stick it on the paper. I wrote "Ll is for Lamb" with a sharpie on the top, and she knew that there were two "l's" on the page.
Next, she glued cotton balls onto the lamb. We talked about the cotton balls being soft, and how things like her table are hard. We also talked about how sticky the glue was. It's important to discuss adjectives when talking to your child- try to fit them in wherever you can, even if it's just stating the color or shape of an object!
She really had a great time completing this project! And, was able to "pet" the lamb afterward!


3 comments:

  1. cool! will try this today since its so gloomy outside. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I love crafts that are educational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog through A Blonde Ambition. It's absolutely darling! And so is Miss Gretchen! Excited to be reading! xo

    ReplyDelete