Tomorrow I will start my Teaching Tots lesson with Gretchen! I wrote a little about what we'd be doing on day 1 last week, you can check it out here.
But, as the week has gone on, I'm going to be changing things up a bit!
If you haven't found printable alphabet pages, you can look here.
We are going to work on letters A-E.
Numbers 1-3
Color- Red
I'm going to use the number caterpillar found here for all of our number lessons.
Lunch tomorrow will consist of Apple sauce, Brownie, Chicken Nuggets, Drink (okay, I don't have a D food), and we'll likely have Eggs for breakfast!
She will color the letter A, and we'll hold off on apple painting until one of our review days at the end of June. For the letter B, I have a butterfly that we will glue buttons onto. We also have a letter C, D, and E to color. A cute E activity, would be to glue egg shells onto a letter E, or you can even save them for letter N and make eggs in a nest!
For fine motor skills, I brought home a pair of tongs from work, which we will use to practice picking up cotton balls and placing them into a cup.
Stay tuned for an update tomorrow evening or on Thursday to see what all we accomplish!
This is exciting. My son just turned 18 months and I was a former teacher. I feel like I've been slacking in "teaching." I try to do lots of fun things, but I like to have plan too. When do you suggest I start a more formal plan?
ReplyDeleteI think 18 months is a great time to start! You can start with body parts and farm animals. I believe at 18 months, Gretchen was coloring a little bit- just make sure he doesn't eat them or oclor on the walls! Check out some books from your library, visit a farm, sing songs. Probably stuff that you're already doing, just plan for it a little more so you can make sure that you are doing it and not just thinking about doing it. Hope that helps!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Elaine! I love reading your blog!
ReplyDelete