I wanted to do this activity with Gretchen several weeks ago, but I didn't have any paint lying around the house for her to use! I finally purchased one tube of it at the grocery store, so we could complete this activity.
On our first Teaching Tots day at home, we colored the letter A and pictures of apples, and we had applesauce for lunch. Today, we expanded on this activity by painting with apples.
I cut an apple in half, and we talked about how apple starts with the letter 'a', and we talked about the peel of an apple, the inside, and the seeds, and how apples grow on trees.
Next, I gave her a plate of paint, and a 1/2 apple, along with a few slices of apples. She insisted on using the paintbrush, although, I showed her that she could simply dip the apple into the paint.


I think she had more fun putting the paint on the apple, rather than putting the painted apple on the paper!

She did get the hang of it though, and made a few apple impressions.

And, then decided that it would be much easier to just paint the paper with the paintbrush!
I haven't been brave enough to let my 2 year old paint, but she really enjoyed this activity, and stayed clean enough, that I didn't have a heart attack!
No comments:
Post a Comment