Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Chicken & Noodles: Recipe


I had never had chicken and noodles until I moved to Indiana. It's a staple here, and i'm assuming other places in the north. Most people serve chicken & noodles over mashed potatoes, but that much carbohydrates kind of freaks me out!
My friend shared with me her chicken & noodles recipe, so I made it a few weeks ago. It made so much, that I was able to freeze the rest!
Ingredients:
Noodles- any type will do, but I purchased the amish noodles from our grocery store
Chicken- You can cut up a rotissiere chicken, or you can boil chicken breasts
Cream of Chicken Soup
Parmesan Cheese
Can of Milk
Directions:
Boil noodles, and drain. Also boil the chicken or cut up your rotissiere chicken into bite size pieces. Toss chicken & noodles together. Add a can of cream of chicken soup, along with a can of milk. If you want more sauce, then simply double this. Add a few handfuls or 1 c. of parmesan cheese. Stir together until the cheese is melted. Serve warm
Variations:
Serve over mashed potatoes, add onion, or other vegetables, such as peas into the dish.
I now feel like I belong in the north- yikes- to my southern routes! This dish is a staple at all potlucks, so I felt like I had to give it a try, and I hope you do too!!!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny, Elaine! But, please don't ever say you belong in the north again!! We miss ya down south!! People from all over the place live here in NWA, and I have just about died from shock at the lack of knowledge of Rotel...I mean, seriously! How do they make cheese dip without Rotel??? Ha!

    ReplyDelete