Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Kids Art Frame Display: Tutorial

I saw a tutorial for this project several months ago, I'm talking, probably a year ago! And, it's been in my head all along! I actually started the project in June, and my husband finally hung it up this weekend! So, I get to finally post a tutorial for it!!!

If your child's art work clutters your fridge, and you just can't seem to throw anything away, then you'll want to make this! And, it was easy!!
I purchased this frame at Hobby Lobby. Twice a year they have huge markdowns, and I waited to get this frame until it was 90% off, so, I only payed $4.00 for it! Then, I bought a can of spray paint! I chose red, because I like to accent my house in red, but to be honest, I could've left it black. For step one, you'll want to take it outside and give it a few good coats of spray paint!
Now, I realize I do not have pictures of the next few steps, but you try staple gunning rope to a frame while trying to take a picture! I purchased a ball of nature jute from hobby Lobby, that costs $1.99, and a staple gun from Lowes, that was aobut $20.00- by far, the most expensive part of the project! After the paint dries, you'll want to staple rows of the rope across the frame. You may have to tie a knot in the ends, to keep the rope from sliding through the staples.
And, hang on the wall! DJ did have to hang picture hooks to the frame as it came without them. We had this perfect wall in our kitchen, where Gretchen has her little table, and she gets to do all of her projects, so we hung the frame above the table. Purchase a cheap bag of clothespins to hang the pictures from! I also have in my head that I'll modge podge these clothespins with scrapbook paper, when I actually have the time! And, if it ever happens, I'll share it with you!!!
This is a further away view... I actually just put this little dresser in the kitchen. For now, it will hold winter items, and each of us will get our own drawer. Once Gretchen is old enough to decide that coloring on the walls is a grand idea, I'll probably use it so she can have easy access to her art supplies- but, for now they're locked in a kitchen cabinet, and I have a great frame to display all of the projects she has made at home and at church, and my fridge is clutter free! (Well, sort of!)



No comments:

Post a Comment