Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Fall Decorations!

I love fall- it's one of my favorite times of the year! There's just something so comforting about the leaves changing colors, the crisp air, and the sense of togetherness that fall always brings! I convinced my husband to finally get down my decorations last weekend, and we spent an evening decorating the house! Gretchen has a corner of our kitchen, and on her table I placed our treat bowl, complete with spider rings, and her trick or treat bucket that I made last year- find a tutorial for it here.
I placed a few of my leaf items in an area of our kitchen.
And, some of my favorite items on our buffet table. The candlestick was one of my grandmothers! The salt and pepper shaker, I've had since college, and Gretchen calls my pilgrim a princess. They were "dancing" earlier tonight!
I kept my kitchen table simple, although I'm dying to purchase two black pumpkins I've found at Hobby Lobby! I have a candleabra with fall candles in the center, and a dish of candy corn.
My mantle is probably my favorite, because I tend to skip it every fall! This year, I came across a picture in Southern Living of a beautiful fall mantle, complete with a variety of pumpkins. I decided that I would copy the look, and placed small glitter pumpkins in a clear vase, along with a few other pumpkins, and a wicker/pumpkin piece from that my mother-in-law gave me a few years ago. I also placed a few of my wicker decorative balls on the mantle to complete the look. I'm tempted to replace the photos in the frames, with some from our previous fall festivities!
Have you started your fall decorating this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment