Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July

I'm a little behind blogging about how we spent the 4th of July. We had a great day at the lake and we were still visiting DJ's dad and step mom. We tried to snap a family picture before heading out for the day. But, G wasn't cooperating well, so this was the best we got! DJ wore his red shirt the day before, but at least the 'girls' are somewhat patriotic!

MC chilled in her carseat while we enjoyed lunch at a lakeview diner. I love going here when we visit.

I didn't think we'd actually have a chance to eat here, but I was excited to find out that it was open on the fourth. G dined on lemons, followed by grilled cheese. DJ had an omelet, and I enjoyed fried shrimp!

This restaraunt has amazing pies! Every time we visit, I want one, but I never give in. This time, it was different. I could use sharing with G as an excuse, and she picked out their oreo pie. Mmm... heavenly!

After lunch, we joined the rest of his family at the local festival. DJ and G shared cotton candy ice cream.

G enjoyed riding the train and jumping in a few bounce houses.

After the festival, we took G to the marina to feed the fish. They usually are fighting with each other and flopping on top of each other to get the food, but not this year. We assumed too many people had fed them already!

Then, we went back to DJ's dads and G enjoyed some swimming! At the beginning of our trip, she wouldn't let go of us in the water, but by the end, she was swiming by herself!


We enjoyed ribs for dinner and a firework show!

No comments:

Post a Comment