The aquarium was a blast! I'm trying to convince DJ to let us get a season pass to it! It will be a fun place to escape the summer heat!
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Oklahoma Aquarium
Yesterday, we went to the Oklahoma Aquarium. DJ's aunt and her two kiddos were visiting, so I thought it would be a fun outing for the family.
I was super impressed with the touch tanks they had! G loved touching the starfish, as she plays with the fake ones in her Gee's bathroom every time we're there. You could also touch shrimp, and these amazingly wierd looking crabs!
I think Amy carried G or chased her the entire time! But, it gave me a break and Amy appeared to be enjoying herself!
The jellyfish- these are probably my worst fear in the ocean! They're also the reason that I cringe when I think about swimming in the ocean. I fear these more than sharks, and the aquarium had a ton of them- creepy!
Above: The octopus- yuck. I'd hate to be in the ocean with one of these things swimming around me. But, it was neat to look at!
The aquarium also let you feed the stingrays! Aunt Gina helped to put the bait on to G's pole. Thankfully, I helped G hold on to the pole, because as soon as the stingray swam over, G let go. I don't think the aquarium would've appreciated the stingrays snacking on the pole too!
There was also a shark exhibit and we quickly realized that G would not be able to go shark diving, as she fits through the hole in the dive box. But, then again, I wouldn't want to go, because those spaces are fairly large! But, it was fun watching the sharks swim over and around you. G didn't care for it so much though!
The aquarium was a blast! I'm trying to convince DJ to let us get a season pass to it! It will be a fun place to escape the summer heat!
The aquarium was a blast! I'm trying to convince DJ to let us get a season pass to it! It will be a fun place to escape the summer heat!
Labels:
Family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment