It's motivated me lately to do a lot of baking and to try new recipes for our family dinners.
Last weekend, G and I decided to make these no-fry doughnuts from a recipe I found on pintrest. They looked relatively easy and for some reason, I've been craving doughnuts lately.
Most of the things I've attempted from pintrest have been successful, but these, I only have two words for; Epic Fail.
Now, it may have been because I had to throw in my whole wheat flour versus the all purpose flour, because we ran out (of the all purpose). It may had also been because the icing had too much milk and I didn't want to waste my entire bag of powdered sugar.
I think whoever originally came up with this recipe had good intentions. But, I'd much rather drive myself down to Krispy Kreme and pay for a dozen of their doughnuts that simply melt in your mouth (and on to your waistline) then spend an entire afternoon baking these.
There are some things that are just suppose to be fattening and fried, and I do believe that one of those things are doughnuts.
I compared these that I made to the frozen Sister Schubert rolls (that are pretty delicious) with icing thrown on top.
So, do yourself a favor, leave some room on your own pin board, and take this one off, if you've pinned it.
My mother made donuts for us when I was little. She would make them from scratch and fry them in an electric skillet with Crisco, then add powdered sugar. As good as they were, they don't compare to Krispy Kreme.
ReplyDeleteThank you for letting me know! I have that pinned, but I think I'll take it off now. Sad that they weren't that good though!
ReplyDelete