Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap: Game & TASM

What a weekend we had! The girls and I had most of Friday night to ourselves, and G and I watched Mary Poppins. DJ came home early so we were also able to spend some time with him, which is unusual this time of year!

Saturday morning, he had to set up for team meetings at the hotel and I cleaned the house to prepare for DJ's parents to arrive. Of course when grandparents come, they typically spoil the girls with gifts, and this weekend was no exception.
G received a cheerleading dress up set, that she wore for most of the day on Saturday, and an outfit, as well as some dress up shoes.
And, MC got two new outfits for this winter! I swear, i'll never have to do laundry for her this winter, and she'll be perfectly fine!

I have to brag on myself, because I made fabulous pulled pork BBQ in the crock pot as well as garlic mashed potatoes topped with bacon and cheese. And yes, you can actually cook bacon in the oven- thank you Pintrest!

The girls had a babysitter Saturday night, while DJ's parents and I headed to the TU/OSU football game that kicked off around 9:00 pm. It was a super late kick off because we had a t.v. spot on Fox. We arrived at the game, just in time to catch a lighting show, which in turn delayed the game. Granted, the down pour of rain didn't help either. I headed to the coaches offices while his parents went to the car and DJ was in the press box. We all finally made it back together in his office despite the rain and waited. And waited. And waited some more!

Finally, around 11:30 pm they decided that the rain and lightning had subsided enough to play the game. However, we were exhausted and decided to head home to relieve the baby sitter and to catch the game on t.v.

I went ahead to bed after watching some of the 1st quarter, when our quarterback got injured in the third drive of the game and was out for the rest. Which, was a huge disappointment. I knew that the girls would both be up early so I wanted to be somewhat rested and prepared for that.

MC woke up to eat around 3, so I turned on the t.v. to catch the score, and soon after the game finally ended. We lost. And, DJ finally made it home at 6:30 in the morning!

Later Sunday afternoon, we headed off to explore the Air & Space Museum.
G had fun climbing in some of the airplanes.
But, MC was less than enthused to be there.
The museum was small, but it was interactive, which made for a good time.

It's been a while since G and I had a picture together, so I was glad we could snap this one. Although, it's very blue! Do you find that you tend to match your children? I swear, it's not on purpose, but I must have been in a blue mood on Sunday.
The volunteer let G climb in to this 'off limits' airplane, and I know the other volunteers below were not too happy about him letting her do it!

We tried to catch a show at the planetarium afterwards, but it made me motion sick, and pops just fell asleep, while MC cried because she was tired, and G kept asking questions. Needless to say after 40 minutes we left and met DJ for dinner.

We took his parents to Abolini's a fabulous pizza place in downtown T-town. You walk in and can view them making and hand tossing all of the pizza's. G and I stayed to watch and pops eventually took her back over to watch and they gave her her very own dough ball to play with while we waited for our pizza to arrive.
And, I must say, that this was way more fun than the typical crayons and coloring sheets she usually gets at restaurants!

We hope you all had a great weekend, and didn't spend to much of Monday trying to play catch up!

1 comment: