Monday, September 5, 2011

Weekend Re-Cap

We had a girls weekend in our house since DJ was away with TU at OU. Friday night MC and I went on a walk with our neighbor while G stayed at their house and played with their little girl who is 6.

We ended up having a late night because I promised G she could watch "An American Tale" that I picked up earlier that day from the library. So G and I curled up to watch the movie and we didn't get into the bed until after 10. I told her she could sleep with me since DJ was gone, but she would not stay still so she eventually went back to her own room and fell asleep.

Saturday morning, she woke up extra early, which made me pretty cranky! I never sleep well when DJ's gone. But, we were able to get up and dressed in order to eat breakfast at a cafe with our neighbors and their extended family.
G was very well behaved at the restaurant and MC just wanted to be held or at home in her own bed! You could tell it was nap time for MC because she was pretty fussy.
However, breakfast was really good and inexpensive! I had french toast, which I use say was devine! I just wish they had strawberries to go on top. While G had a pancake and bacon- just like Gee makes she exclaimed!

After breakfast we headed home to take a nap- we all needed one at this point! Thankfully, G slept for about two hours, but MC only let me sleep for 1 hour.
That evening we decked our TU gear and headed over to one of the coaches wives house to watch the game. I still haven't gotten around to making G a TU shirt because Target ran out of their short sleeves in her size and now I'm debating on whether to make her a long sleeve shirt or to just not worry about it!
We enjoyed ourselves watching the game despite the loss. But, we were playing against the #1 ranked team in the country! G was good and enjoyed playing with baby toys and another child that was there. MC slept most of the time.

We came home exhausted and all crawled into the bed. I didn't even change MC's clothes (just her diaper). DJ didn't make it home until early, so he slept Sunday morning and the girls and I had a lazy morning.

We spent the afternoon cleaning out some things in the garage and organizing some things in the house, because I'll be working out of the home when I start my job in the next few weeks.

I'm hoping this afternoon we can make it to the park or at least get out of the house and enjoy the weather that we're having!

No comments:

Post a Comment