Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MC is 4 months!

Well, she's actually 4 1/2 months. I'm about two weeks late taking these pictures. The weekend she turned 4 months, DJ and I were in Boise, and this past weekend we went home.
It's been an amazing 4 months, that have gone by entirely too fast. It amazes me how much faster she is growing up compared to when we had G.

MC weighs a little over 15 pounds, and is 24 inches long.

She rolled over from her back to belly for the first time the exact day that she had her four month doctor appointment and shots. That was a Thursday night, and by Sunday, she rolled from her belly to her back. I wasn't prepared for that to happen so close together.
She is practicing sitting up, and I do believe that she'll sit up before G did at 6 months. She still eats every 3 to 3 1/2 hours. And we have not started any form of solid foods. She goes to daycare for a few hours each day, and I'm so fortunate to be able to pick her up around 1 or 2 and spend a few alone hours with her.

She smiles a lot, and still makes a growling noise, but she has also started to laugh. She loves her pacifier and is beginning to try to guide it toward her mouth.

She also enjoys playing in her exersaucer.

If we were using disposables, she'd be in a size 3 diaper. And, she is able to wear 6 and some 9 month clothes.

She still wakes up at night, and it was at 4 months that we let G CIO at night, but we haven't been as strict about CIO with MC. She is usually ready for bed around 7:30 or 8, and I feed her around 10:30. She typically wakes around 3, and I've started to go back to put her pacifier in, rather than feeding her every time. (Honestly, it depends on how she did that day with eating.) If she's gone all night without eating, then she'll wake up around 6:45 or 7:00 am.

During the day she takes about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour nap, and hates to be woken up from the nap!

She eats about 5 oz. in her bottles at daycare, and we've just upped those in the last week.
DJ and I were discussing the other day, that in a month and a half, we'll have to start baby food, and that just terrifies me! Only because it makes me feel that she's growing way too fast and that it's not going to slow down!

I think G is enjoying MC more. She has already told me that MC took a toy from her, or that MC wasn't nice to her. She also has a nickname for her, which DJ and I have taken to calling her that as well. And, she's still very protective of her, and wants to know where MC is when G walks into the room and can't see her.

I can't wait to see if they get along later down the line!

In the mean time, we'll enjoy having MC this size, and watching her grow and develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment