I'm loving our home football game schedule here. Typically, DJ doesn't get home on a Friday night until 11 pm, but here, he's home around 7:30, because TU holds their game day meetings on Saturday mornings. So, DJ and I actually get to spend a Friday night together! But, I did spend part of the evening making hair bows.
Saturday morning was spent cleaning and baking. I made homemade applesauce, and went ahead and froze some of it, because MC will be starting baby food in about 6 weeks! I also made homemade tortilla's, and I swear I'll never buy a package of store bought again! These were super easy, and they taste great.
DJ was home for about two hours on Saturday afternoon, between morning meetings, and time for him to be at the office. We watched the Michigan game, and sadly the Wolverine's lost their first game of the season.
After DJ left, the rest of the afternoon was spent getting ready for the TU game.
G decided to wear her cheerleading outfit again, and I put MC in G's first football dress. It was a little bit, but I want her to wear it a little more than G did... it was just to cold for G to wear it to our BSU games while we were there.
G wanted to see daddy before the game, so we called him down from his 'office' and managed to get our first family picture of the season!
We're fortunate enough to be able to go inside the coaches offices to watch the football game, which allows me a chance to actually watch and not be afraid that G will fall off the bleachers or that she'll run too far. She has a great time playing with the other kids on staff.
We only stayed through the third quarter. I needed to get the girls in bed and get ready for our family pictures that we had today!
If you're in the Tulsa area, I highly recommend Madison Vining Photography. I first Madison on an online mom's group, and fell in love with her photography style. So when we found out we were moving to Tulsa, I was secretly excited to get to meet her and that she would be able to photograph our family! She has the cutest little two year old boy and an adorable two month old sweet baby girl!
Our pictures went great and I can't wait to see how they turned out. We met at the Tulsa Garden Center, and i'm thinking we'll do photos again there in the spring- at least for the girls, because the grounds were gorgeous!
We promised G ice cream if she cooperated through pictures, and for the most part she did very well- although, she wanted to be a camera hog during parts of it!
After ice cream, we came home and I somehow managed to get both girls down for a nap, and I napped with them. I will say that this was not the most fun process, but i'm thankful that we all finally fell asleep.
After our naps, I took G outside so she could paint. She's been asking to paint a canvas for her bedroom, so I picked a small one up at Hobby Lobby and gave her colors that matched her bedroom and let her paint away.
MC hung out in her exersaucer while we sat outside to paint and then play. The weather was gorgeous in the high 80s, and I just keep remind myself that it would never be this nice right now in Indiana- there's no where else i'd rather be than here!
No comments:
Post a Comment