Monday, February 8, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up: A Busy Weekend!

Is anyone else wanting to take the day off after the Super Bowl game last night??? I totally think the Monday following the Super Bowl should be a holiday! We are celebrating the win for the Broncos! Football really is family! One of our assistant coaches son set the record for the longest punt return in the history of the Super Bowl! Yay Norwood family! We're so excited for you!!! Football really is family, and I loved all of those commercials, because it is so true! 

Let's get to our weekend wrap up! 
Friday morning, Addy Pearl was up bright and early. Since DJ had the day off, she and I were the only ones awake. She made silly faces while I did my make up. 
And then Gretchen joined us for a bit. 
Since Friday was the day before the Super Bowl, I had the perfect excuse for Addy to wear her football hoodie from Hazzard Lane Clothing! I bought it for her to wear next season, but couldn't resist a reason for her to wear it now!

While I attempted to take a good photo, she preferred to show me her jumping skills. 
I mean, the girls got skills!
And the big girls wanted in on a picture too. And I couldn't resist.
Gretchen brought her new American Girl doll, Lea to school with her on Friday. She was determined to buy herself the doll of the year so she saved her Christmas and Birthday money and bought it last week. 
Oh, this girl. I totally have my hands full with Megan alone!
Gretchen, Lea, and Addy. 

I rounded up the girls Friday afternoon, and we headed home and I freshened up and ditched DJ and the girls for a night out! My friend, Sarah, hosted her annual Spring premier for Thirty-One. Their new line is amazing and I suggest you check it out! She had her oil diffuser going and guests were asking about the amazing scent before I even arrived, so I gave a little impromptu Young Living class! 
Meeting these ladies was so much fun! 
Saturday morning, Addy Pearl, Megan, and I had a few lazy moments in the bed. 
Lots of silly face making going on. 
And, they waited very patiently for their cinnamon rolls to come out of the oven!

I went on a morning run, after a two week hiatus, and then we did some house cleaning before heading to Gretchen's basketball game. 
DJ and Adalyn went to the grocery store while we were at the game, so just Meggie and I cheered on our favorite ball player. 
Gretchen out on the court waiting for the game to start!

After the game, we headed home to pick up bedrooms, quick baths, and I got the girls ready for the daddy-daughter dance. 
They both wore their poodle dresses from Castles & Crowns. 
I'm a sucker for smocked dresses and big bows!
These girls were so excited to go to the dance with DJ. 
I love that the girls get to spend special time with their dad
Addy Pearl really wanted to go too, but she and I had some scheduled bonding time. 
And then she fell asleep! After going non stop all day, she was tired! We settled in with fruit snacks and Finding Nemo and she fell asleep as soon as she was still enough. She then slept for two more hours!

She finally woke up around 7:30, so she got a quick dinner and bath and then we settled in for a little bit until DJ and the girls came home. 
Sunday morning, the girls were "cookers". 
And I made pancakes for breakfast. 
We headed to church, and the girls insisted on doing the Valentine's photo booth before we left. 

Addy didn't really get the hang of it! 
But, Megan sure did! 

We headed home for lunch and the big girls and I went to Target to pick up the rest of the things we needed for Valentines. Addy Pearl took her nap while DJ started smoking ribs. 
Once we got home, the girls went to work filling their bags with candy. 

And then Addy and I worked on hers once she woke up. 

Once the Valentine's were finished, we made M&M cookies, ate dinner, watched the big game and celebrated the Broncos win!

It was such a great weekend, and I'm sad to see it end because we have a super crazy week ahead!!!

Ready or Not..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment