Happy Monday Friends! I hope you had the best Valentines weekend! Our Weekend started on Thursday, with a morning off since Addy Pearl ran a little fever on Wednesday. She didn't have a fever Wednesday night, but since she was sent home from daycare, we had to keep her home Thursday too. DJ went in for morning work outs, and then he came home at noon and I headed to work.
Addy was in good spirits. She ate lots of breakfast and even ate again once we got home from taking her sisters to school.
We cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, and cuddled.
Thursday evening, we had ballet and gymnastics. These two are the best of friends!
Friday morning, was rough. Addy was up by 5:45, which is way early for her. I brought her down to our bed and we tried to get her back to sleep, but she didn't. She ended up crying most of the morning and just wasn't really herself. I tried to get a picture of her before heading off for her Valentine's party at school, but she was not cooperating!
After DJ and Addy left, the big girls and I had a rough time getting ready and out the door. We were late for school and work, and then one bad thing after another happened. It was just a rough morning all around.
I had a meeting downtown from 2-4, (which means that I would miss both Megan and Gretcehn's Valentine's parties) so I worked through my normal lunch, and left school around 1. I ran to Target to pick up a few things, and even though money doesn't buy happiness, a trip to Target sure did turn my day around. I drove through and grabbed lunch and made it to my meeting.
I rounded up the girls and they dumped out all of their Valentine's and went straight for the candy.
We spent the rest of Friday night recovering from a candy high, and then Megan and I took Gretchen to her basketball practice, while DJ and Adalyn enjoyed some quiet time at home.
Saturday morning we snuggled and watched cartoons while cinnamon rolls were in the oven.
Addy Pearl wanted to do everything herself.
I went on a 2 mile run and then we got ready for Gretchen's afternoon basketball game. The girls spent most of the morning playing in the garage, which mean that Addy Pearl needed a bath.
We threw her in the tub and gave a quick wash down before lunch.
Megan's friend was cheering at Gretchen's game, and afterwards Gretchen and Connor hung out for a while before Gretchen and I went shopping and ran a few errands.
After dinner, Gretchen and I set up an ice cream sundae bar as a Valentine's day present to her sisters.
Yummy!
DJ and I tried to watch a movie after the girls went to bed, but I fell asleep about 5 minutes in!
Saturday morning, my little Valentine's were ready for church!
After church, we went to Andolini's for our annual Valentine's day pizza!
The girls loved watching the pizzas being made before we went to sit down.
Andolini's just opened up in downtown Broken Arrow, so we're thrilled to have one on our side of town! The girls were given pizza dough to play with while we waited.
Our garlic knots arrived.
And then our pizza! So, so good.
Andolini's is definitely one of my favorites, but since the location was in downtown Tulsa, we rarely went. DJ and I would go for lunch on occasion, and he goes more often than I do since it's closer to the university.
Addy Pearl was being such a goof at lunch!
After lunch, we headed home and I snapped a picture with my Valentine! Our Valentine's day may not have been romantic, but I wouldn't rather have anyone else by my side!
Sunday afternoon was lazy! Addy took a nap, and then I layed down and slept three hours! The girls put on a talent show with their American Girl dolls, and then we did some quick cleaning up before tucking them all in bed!
Today we're off for President's day, and we have a quick doctor's appointment this morning and then I have got to knock out some of my to-do list since I slept so much this weekend!

























No comments:
Post a Comment