Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Come on In: Master Bedroom

Come on in friends..... last year, I started posting pictures of our house room by room as we moved in and got settled. And today, I'm finally sharing our master bedroom. It's the only room in the house that I haven't shown y'all, and it's one of my favorites! When we first moved in, I didn't change anything in our master bedroom from what we had in our last house. DJ and I bought our furniture several years ago, and it's still in great shape (despite having been moved to three different houses). 

However, in May, I decided that our master felt really dark. Our bedspread was brown, the furniture is dark, and it started feeling really depressing. Not light and airy at all. I found curtains at TJ Max (for a steal) and ended up finding a new bedspread there as well.
Now, I love it, and it's light and airy like I wanted. 


I'd love to tell you that I curl up in this chair and read, but honestly, it holds laundry 99% of the time.

The candlesticks were my grandmother's.
This is our wedding blessing ball. It was given to us at a wedding shower, displayed at our reception, and now I keep it out all of the time. 

And on my nightstand.... a few books I'm working my way through. 
So, you may be wondering why a photo of Carrie Underwood is on our chest of drawers..... DJ an I went to her concert in April. In order for DJ to get tickets he joined her fan club. We were sent a backpack, t-shirt, fan club card, and this photo. As a joke, I put her photo on top of our honeymoon photo, and it's stayed there. 
And DJ's nightstand- I tried to lighten the photo, but it's still dark. I love our lamps. My grandmother got them for us this past Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment