Well, summer is officially coming to an end, so it's time to check off our Summer Bucket List!
Back in May, I wrote out our list, and we've been busy trying to check off as much as we could.
~Head to the pool. A lot.
We've squeezed in as many pool days as we could! This summer has been busy and we haven't made it as much as we did last year, but we've managed to go at least once a week.
~ Buy ice cream from the ice cream truck.
We've managed to catch the ice cream truck one time in our neighborhood this summer, and our girls got ice cream!
~ Go to the Oklahoma City Zoo.
We didn't make it to Oklahoma City at all this summer. But, it's also been so hot that I don't think I could have managed a zoo day! I'm planning on taking the girls to the local zoo this fall and maybe we can squeeze in a day trip to Oklahoma City.
Thanks to our summer reading program, the girls earned passes to visit our local aquarium and we went last week! Addy hasn't been since she was a baby, but all of the girls loved it!
~ Go on a hike.
Again, it's been so hot! We haven't managed to get in a hike this summer.
~Visit a waterfall.
This is as close to a waterfall that we got this summer. I wanted to hike and see a big waterfall, but again, we weren't able to. When we visited DJ's dad this summer, we headed to downtown Cherokee Village to this waterfall and took some pictures of the girls. The waterfall obviously isn't huge, but it's a big tourist spot in Cherokee Village.
~ Take Gretchen to the Presidential Library in Little Rock.
Thanks to my mom, Gretchen was able to check this one off our bucket list!
~ Buy snow cones.
We had snow cones twice this summer. We have a truck not too far from our neighborhood and we were able to visit there, and then the truck came to our 4th of July bike parade in our neighborhood and we had snow cones again. Looking back, I could go for a few more snow cones!
~ Shoot fire works.
Done and done. The girls loved shooting fireworks on the 4th of July!
~ Head to the lake.
We were able to visit the lake twice this summer. I could totally live at the lake! We have the best time!
~ Try to get Gretchen up on skis. (Her daddy would be so proud.)
This girl will tube all day long, but she will NOT ski. She absolutely refuses to even try.
~ Catch fireflies.
We stayed up late one night while we were visiting my mom, and the fireflies were not coming out at all. I think we saw maybe 5 that night, and they were too far away to catch. Thankfully, when we were at Silver Dollar City a few weeks ago, we were there late enough to see fireflies come out!
~ Go to a drive in movie.
I think this one will have to be postponed until next year. Our local drive in doesn't start until late, because it gets dark and after having a full day, it just didn't sound fun to me to lock our kids in a car to see a movie.
~ Have a Girls Night Out to see Me Before You, and a GNO to Pinot's Palette.
My friend, Lauren and I went to see Me Before You, and I cried all the tears. And some girlfriends and I headed to Pinot's Palette back in June! I love being able to squeeze in some girl time!
~ Take Gretchen to St. Louis.
We nixed this plan, and instead we made it a family trip to Dallas.
~Visit the City Museum in St. Louis.
See above ;)
~ Spend a weekend in Branson.
We had a fabulous girls weekend in Branson and the whole family went with my brother & his family back in June!
~ Silver Dollar City
We definitely checked this one off our list! The girls have had so much fun at SDC this summer!
~ Climb a mountain.
Nope. It was way too hot! But, I definitely want to take Gretchen to climb Pinnacle Mountain in central Arkansas at some point!
~ Spend a day at the water park.
A few weeks ago, DJ and I took the girls to a little waterpark in Muskogee. They had so much fun!
~ Have a pajama day.
Oh yes, we've had lots of pajama days too!
~ Have an arts & crafts day.
We haven't had an official arts and crafts day, but the girls have done lots of coloring, writing, and work book time this summer!
~ Help Megan to learn her Kindergarten sight words.
Megan is up to 15-20 sight words and knows her cafeteria number!
~ Brush up on Gretchen's spelling skills.
We've practiced spelling a little, but not as much as I had planned!
~ Host a Flamingo party for Addy's birthday
Addy's flamingle party was a blast!
~ Join the library reading program
We signed up for the summer reading program in June and finished it a few weeks ago!
~ Visit the library.
We've visited several times this summer and the girls loved getting to check out and bring home books!
~ Eat from the food trucks
DJ and I took the little girls to the food trucks in Tulsa once. It was so hot and we didn't stay long.
While DJ and I were in Waco, we had the best ice cream sandwich from a food truck!
~ Head to a baseball game.
We made it to a baseball game while we visited DJ's uncle in Frisco, Tx.
~ Play at a splash pad.
Does the splash pad at Silver Dollar City count? I had planned on taking the girls out to a larger splash pad in town, but we never made it out there. They did play in the fountains at the university though!
~ Sidewalk Chalk Paint
No paint, but lots of side walk chalk!
~ Make an American Girl doll craft
So the girls love watching American Girl videos on You Tube and at the end of the school year, they were begging to make an American Girl doll craft, and then they haven't mentioned it again. So, we never did this one, and I'm not too sad about it! Ha!
~ Lots of baking.
We made sugar cookies using a recipe from Gretchen's American Girl Cookbook. We've also made chocolate chip cookies and brownies, and we have some muffins that will be made before we head back to school!
~ Explore Oklahoma more!
Besides our day trip to Muskogee, we weren't able to explore Oklahoma anymore. We did a lot of exploring this spring, so maybe we can plan some day trips this fall.
~ Blow bubbles
Just a few!
~ Have a pillow fight.
Nope!
~Make a fort.
The girls have made lots of forts upstairs!
~ Have a campout
We never had a campout this summer. Gretchen reminded me about it right when football started, and I told her that it was too hot now and she needed to ask her dad!
~ Make smores.
Since we didn't have an outdoor campout day, we did have an indoor campout day and made microwave s'mores!
~ Ride bikes.
The girls have ridden their bicycles a lot this summer and were even in our neighborhood bike parade!
~ Try a new restaurant.
DJ and I had a date night and tried a new Mexican restaurant in downtown Tulsa.... it probably wasn't horrible, but it wasn't a new favorite.
~ Family movie night.
We watched Zootopia as a family together.
~ Stay up late.
So many late nights!!! I'm so ready to get the girls back to an earlier bedtime routine so I can have some downtime in the evening!
What items were on your summer bucket list??? Were you able to get them all checked off?






















No comments:
Post a Comment