Sunday, August 21, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up: Football Edition

This weekend flew by! But, I'm ready for the work week, and feeling pretty prepared for what lies ahead of us! This is our first full week of school and afternoon activities

So, last Thursday was our first day of school. We also had family pictures for football.  I haven't had time to make the girls their football shirts for the season, so I pulled together outfits using bits and pieces of what we had. Last year, the girls wore dresses, but this year- we went casual. 
The girls did great with our pictures. It took less than 5 minutes, and everyone cooperated! DJ rewarded them with a slice of cake afterwards. 
And then we went out for pizza! I'm thinking a pizza night on the first day of school needs to become a new tradition! 
We went downtown to Andolinis. We haven't eaten there in a while, but the girls love it! They each received a plate of pizza dough to play with while we waited on our order. 
So much fun! 

Friday was a school day, and I spent the afternoon in a district wide speech path meeting. After rounding up the girls, we went home and had left over pizza, and veged out. DJ came home around 7, and I was able to sneak out for a little girls night at my friends Sarah's house. I was exhausted, but I really wanted to have some girl time. 
Saturday morning, we headed back to football for a scrimmage game. 

The girls played with the other coach's kids and had the best time. I was able to chat with the wives, and finally watch some football! 
And then the girls checked out the drains, because, you know- all drains lead to the ocean. 
And we headed to Tropical Smoothie for lunch. 
And all of the girls had cookies! 

We made it home, and I tried to get Adalyn down for a nap. Unfortunately, she never fell asleep and it made for a frustrated momma. We've been working on breaking Addy from her thumb sucking, and now her sleep is totally messed up. She never took a nap, but she quickly fell asleep Saturday evening. 

We were up and ready for church Sunday morning. I had to take the girls by myself since DJ had to be at the office. After church, the girls played and we headed home for lunch. 
Thankfully, Addy did take a nap on Sunday afternoon! It took her about 20 minutes to settle down and fall asleep, but I'm 90% sure that her thumb sucking and ballet baby days are over. 

I spent the rest of Sunday doing laundry and cleaning the house. 
I made some immune boosting rollers for us, as we're heading back to school. I had two friends whose kids were diagnosed with strep just yesterday, so we're not playing any games with our immune systems this year. I diffused Thieves in the evening, and we'll be applying rollers each night. 

DJ came home and made dinner, and I worked on meals for Monday and Tuesday nights. I'm horrible at meal planning and meal prep, so I doubt it will continue, but I feel good that two nights of dinner are already finished and out of the way!

So, that's it for the weekend! 

If you're kids are heading back to school today, I'm praying that they'll have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment