Hey, hey, Wednesday! You're like my 2nd favorite day of the week, because this means that we're on the downhill slide of things. Today, I'm linking up with Mel, Sheaffer, and Shay for What's Up Wednesday! Each month, we all link up and answer a series a questions.
1. What We're Eating This Week.....
Monday- Nachos
Tuesday- Leftovers
Wednesday- We'll probably grab something to eat after Gretchen's theater class
Thursday- Spaghetti
Friday- Pizza night
2. What I'm reminiscing about.....
Lazy summer days!
Now we are back in school and our schedule is nuts! Our school district pushed our start time back by 15 minutes, and I'm loving the extra time in the morning, but the evenings are hectic and crazy.
3. What I'm Loving.......
Lots of dresses right now! I have my eye on this one from Anthropologie. It's too hot to wear pants to work, but I love throwing on a dress and i'm able to keep it work appropriate, and still not sweat to death during recess duty! Last week, I shared lots of options from Anthro in my Wardrobe Wednesday post.
I'm also loving that Young Living is giving a free Cedarwood essential oil with every Premium Starter Kit purchase during the month of August! Which means that today is your last day to grab your kit and this oil for free!
Cedarwood is amazing for your skin and hair, plus it helps you sleep like a baby!
I'm also loving that fall is right around the corner. Before you know it, pumpkins will be everywhere! You can check out my Fall Favorites here!
4. What We've Been Up To.....
DJ is in full swing of football. It's game day on Saturday, so he's putting in his time at the office and getting ready for our home opener! I am back to work, and this week, we've been at the Early Childhood Centers in our district working on speech/language screens for all of the kids. And y'all- 4 year olds are adorable!!!! Gretchen and Megan are back to school, and they're adjusting so well to this school year! Addy's loving preschool and her teacher! She spends lots of time doing arts and crafts and playing outside!
5. What I'm Dreading.......
Hmmm, is it fair to say that I'm dreading daylight savings time and winter? I know it's still a few weeks away, but it gets dark SO early, and I'm not looking forward to the cold days.
6. What I'm Working On....
I've been working on my fitness...... with the school year back in full swing, I'm still trying to get in some runs and workouts. Thankfully, DJ is super good about letting me run out the door right after he walks in, so I can get a run in. This is probably one reason why I'm dreading daylight savings time. I have no idea how I'm going to get evening runs in when it's dark at 5 pm.
7. What I'm Excited About....
Football season of course!!!
Our home opener is this weekend, and we take on San Jose State. I'm looking forward to football and watching our team play!
8. What I'm Watching/Reading:
I have a stack of books on my nightstand, and I'm an trying so hard to get through them, but I'm not being very successful right now!
I am loving For the Love, but I haven't gotten all the way through it.
I'm 3 seasons in to Orange is the New Black, and I'm not quite sure what I'll do when it's over on Netflix. The writing and story line is so good.
9. What I'm Listening To.....
At the moment- I'm listening to whatever DJ is watching on t.v.
10. What I'm Wearing....
Currently, work out clothes. We had gymnastics tonight and I was able to run while Megan was in her class. At work, it's lots of dresses.
11. What I'm Doing This Weekend....
Cheering on our boys!
12. What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month....
Hmmm..... I think September is going to be lots of getting back in to our groove. We'll have weekends of football, and weekends of DJ being away, and we'll be busy with after school activities. Right now, we don't have big plans for September.
13. What Else Is New.....
Have I mentioned that Addy isn't sucking her thumb anymore!!!! That was huge for us! I really didn't want to force her to quit, and I had planned to let her grow out of it and stop whenever she felt that she needed to. But, our dentist recommended that we work on getting her to stop sucking her thumb. So, I went to Walgreens and purchased Thum and it did not work at all. Like it would work for a bit, and then wear off, and we were just taking it slow. Then, I had a friend recommend Mavala, and I ended up purchasing a bottle from Amazon. Once it came in, I knew that it was a lot stronger than the Thum product we had bought from Walgreens, and within 2 days, she was done. She hasn't looked back. It was seriously the easiest thing ever. I mean, I'm crazy sad that I don't have a thumb sucking-ballet baby loving 3 year old anymore, but I'm also going to be excited when those orthodontist bills aren't as high!
14. What's Your Favorite Summer to Fall Transition Pieces in your Wardrobe.....
So, right now, I'm all about a dress! I think you've gathered that by now! It's still to warm for pants, and I love that I can throw on a dress with either short sleeves or long, add some sandals, a little jewelry, and I'm put together enough for work, but I still feel comfortable. I was never a dress person, but now, I love them!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!












Watch Wentworth on Netflix. A bit darker but similar story lines
ReplyDeleteWait to go Addy!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm reading the Jen Hat maker book right now too!
I ended up liking For The Love, more than I thought I would. And that dress is gorgeous. I'll have to check it out.
ReplyDelete