There comes a point every summer where I finally decide that I'm ready for school to start. Sometimes it's the end of July, and other times it's the first of August, and my friends, that time hit last night. I am officially ready to head back to school..... or, at least for my kids to head back to school. If I could work at home, I totally would.
Anyway, we are still trying to squeeze in some summer fun, when my children aren't at each other's throats.


Last week, Gretchen had a friend spend the night. It was our first sleepover this summer! We usually have a lot of sleepovers in the fall while DJ is away, and I had wanted the girls to have a few this summer, but time always gets away from us. Anyway, DJ was working late, so we had a girls night. I let each of the girls make an individual pizza for dinner.


And then we decorated sugar cookies.
Sisters!!!!
The girls played outside, and around 9:30 everyone was in the bed. We took Gretchen's friend home by noon on Thursday, and I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to survive. Megan had been at my mom's Sunday-Wednesday, and before that we had way too much fun in Branson, so she was exhausted! Thursday was rough, and we forged through.
Friday morning, Addy was the first one awake. We had lots of cuddles before her big sisters woke up. Megan ended up sleeping until about 8:30 and Gretchen didn't wake up until 9. It was 10:00 before anyone even had breakfast. So, it was very obvious that we were all exhausted.
Since the Olympic opening ceremonies were Friday night, I let the girls do some Olympic activities on Friday afternoon. We watched a highlight video from the 2012 Olympics, and talked about the rings, the colors, and the significance. The girls designed their own medal, team shirt, and made Olympic flags.
DJ worked late due to preseason, so the girls and I curled up and watched the Olympic ceremonies.
Saturday morning was rough for me. I didn't sleep well the night before, had two kids in my bed at some point, and Addy woke up well before 7. DJ had to be at the office early, and it was raining outside. He convinced us to come up for practice, and as we were leaving, I checked the mail. To my surprise, DJ had ordered me another month of the Cuff of the Month Club from Rustic Cuff. I was so excited and surprised to see another set of bracelets! And, they're gorgeous! I'll share a photo later this week.
And, in case any of you are looking for a back to school gift for your daughter, Rustic Cuff is having a sale today on their mother/daughter bracelet sets. They come with a super cute little poem for your daughter to have on the first day of school and she can wear her bracelet and think of you while she's at school. I bought Gretchen one last year, and I'll be picking up more for Gretchen and Megan to give them on the first day of school this year.
The girls and I grabbed lunch and made it to football around 1:30. They were so excited to see their daddy! We watched the players and Addy said they needed to go to time out since they were pushing each other and being mean! Ha! She even yelled, "Go Coach!"
We made it home by 4, and Addy went down for a late nap. Gretchen has been begging me for several days to teach her to sew, and I needed to get their back to school shirts made, so she helped me make Addy's first day of school shirt.
We even finished Gretchen's shirt. The girls had popcorn for dinner (seriously) and I had popcorn and a glass of wine.... I'm not even kidding. It was just that kind of day.
And after baths, the girls watched My Little Pony before going to bed.
Sunday morning was better. DJ went in to the office and the girls and I got ready for church. I spent my first day in the nursery volunteering, and we had one baby. After church, I picked up the girls and Addy wanted her picture taken in our Sunday morning photo stop. Gretchen told me that the next time they build a statue, it should be of Jesus.
After lunch, Addy went down for a nap, and I settled in on the couch to watch a movie.
And then we headed back to church for a Kindergarten Blessing Service. We sang a few songs, and all of the new kindergarten students were prayed for.
And afterwards, there were cupcakes and juice.
They had activity tables for the kids to make a book, and we just picked up each page to bring home and do later. There was no way that I could help Megan with her book, with Gretchen and Addy being there too.
And since Adalyn thinks she's going to kindergarten too, she wanted to have her picture taken. This morning, she kept telling me that she was big enough to go upstairs at church (where all of the bigger kid classrooms are), and then tonight she thought she was going to get to go to kindergarten too.
I seriously cannot believe that this girl is about to start kindergarten! It feels like just yesterday that she was two weeks old and we were moving to Oklahoma.
We came home and I cooked dinner while the girls played in their rooms.
It was pizzadillas for the win! (and a glass of wine for momma!)
We spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics and jumping all over the living room. (Them, not me.)
And that my friends was our weekend. T minus 7 days before I head back to work!


















No comments:
Post a Comment