Life Lately is still kicking my rear. We go through this at the start of every football season. DJ is gone more, the girls don't see him often, I'm back to work full time, school for the girls, and we're doing after school activities two nights a week, plus we have homework. There's always a re-adjustment period, but this year is more difficult than I can remember previous years being.
I haven't been able to blog as often as I usually do, so this week, I'm aiming for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule and we'll see how that goes.
As always, Addy is loving preschool and her teacher is great about sending pictures of the kids throughout their day.
I haven't been able to blog as often as I usually do, so this week, I'm aiming for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule and we'll see how that goes.
As always, Addy is loving preschool and her teacher is great about sending pictures of the kids throughout their day.
Adalyn is loving art. She is so proud of her finished products when she brings them home. And she always has a ton of papers stuffed in her take home folder at the end of the day. Right now, she's obsessed with drawing circles and writing the letter "A".


She also loves playing in the play room.
And pushing the shopping cart around her classroom.
Megan is falling asleep at least one afternoon a week. Kindergarten is exhausting.
Thursday evening we went to the football offices. The girls sprinted to see their daddy! After he finished up with practice, we were all able to go out to eat, and then we headed home. I crashed after the girls were in bed.
Friday night was pizza night! DJ headed to Ohio with the team, and I had been in a continuing education conference all day. Since I had to leave early, the kitchen wasn't picked up in the morning, and all I cared about Friday night was our pizza and this glass of wine. Eventually, everything did get cleaned up, but I knew it needed to wait so I could decompress.
While I was cleaning the kitchen, the girls were playing in their raincoats and with their umbrellas. Addy Pearl stopped for a cookie break.
And then the little girls settled in to my bed to watch t.v. We had planned a sleepover in my room, but they were not settling down and falling asleep, so they both ended up in their own beds.
Saturday was a tough "momming" day. After getting the house picked up some more, working on laundry, and having the girls clean their room (it took Gretchen three hours!) we had to skip heading to the offices to watch our ball game and opted to stay at home. It was one of those days where I had to follow through on my threat of staying home..... Chocolate syrup was wasted, as well as an entire bottle of shampoo. I know the days will eventually get easier, and I'll miss the girls being little. But sometimes, it's just hard.
Again, it's the readjustment period that we have every year when football season starts again.
Sunday morning, the girls and I went to church. DJ didn't make it home until 5:30 am, so he slept in. I served in the nursery and snuggled on babies. Afterwards, we went to Wendy's since the girls had coupons from the summer reading program. A quick trip to Target and we were home just in time to get ready for the week ahead.
This week, I'm determined to stay on top of laundry and vacuuming, and I'm hoping to cook a real meal. It's been weeks since that has happened!








No comments:
Post a Comment