This weekend got off to a great start! After the exhausting week I had last week, I needed a good weekend, and that's exactly what we had!
Addy's teacher posted a picture of her painting a rainbow.... she loves doing art at school and loves painting! Lately, she says that her favorite color is orange.
Addy's preschool was closed on Friday. DJ didn't have to be at work until later, and Gretchen had a doctor's appointment. So.... DJ took Megan to school, and I took the day off to be with Adalyn and to take Gretchen to her doctor's appointment. I was so happy to not have to wake up before 7, and I had plenty of time to get some laundry started, and the girls were able to play and spend time with their dad.
After Gretchen's doctor appointment, DJ met us for lunch at Pei Wei.
Her hair is getting so long again! I'm ready for her to get a hair cut, but she is refusing to cut it right now. Maybe, we can keep growing it out and donate her hair for the third time....
After lunch, we took Gretchen back to school, and Adalyn was not happy to have to leave her. I eventually calmed her down by searching for horses on our way home, and then we settled in to watch a movie.
I had big plans to come home and do more laundry, but this was much more satisfying!
And then she was out, so I got some laundry finished!
When she woke up, we decided to bake chocolate chip cookies!
I snapped this picture and texted it to DJ. I could get use to the "staying home with one child" gig.
There's nothing better than watching cookies bake.
And then getting to eat one before having to pick up your sisters!
Friday night, called for our tradition of pizza and a movie!
Gretchen has been reading a lot about Bigfoot, and I found Harry and the Hendersons on Netflix, so I introduced this 80s classic to the girls! It was so funny to watch the girls' reactions to different parts in the movie!
DJ made it home and found Addy asleep on the stairs! Thank goodness she hadn't fallen, and we put her safely back in bed!
Saturday morning we were up super early, since our football game was at 1. We had plans to tailgate with the coaches wives, and I had to get our muffins made to bring to the tailgate. I found the recipe on Pinterest, and use lemon essential oil in place of the lemon zest.
We made it to the tailgate, and watched the band march through.
And then I took the girls over to play in the kid zone.
These girls love bounce houses!
After playing for a bit, it was game time and we were ready to go cheer on our team!
I had thought about taking the girls in to the stands again, but decided not to, which turned out to be a great decision, because it was so hot! Plus, the girls brought baby dolls and toys, and they were able to play while I watched the game.
Since kickoff was at 1, this girl skipped her nap, but she was still so good at the game! (despite going to potty a hundred times!)
I mean, look at that score board!
After the game, the players head over to sing the Alma Mater, and then the band plays the fight song! And y'all, because we were winning by so many, tons of people left at half time! The stands were so empty by the end of the game!
A post-game selfie with DJ!
Addy fell asleep within minutes of pulling out of the stadium! I had planned on waking her up when we got home, but she wouldn't budge. She was so sleepy!
After a quick dinner, I turned on Legally Blonde, Gretchen read upstairs, and Megan and Addy played downstairs. Once DJ got home, we watched the OU-Ohio game.
Sunday morning rolled around, and I filled up the diffuser first thing! This pumpkin spice latte blend is oh so yummy!
So, Megan got her ears pierced about 6 weeks ago, and this weekend we could finally take out her earrings and change them! She threw a fit when it was time to change them because she was terrified, but once she calmed down, she asked us to send a picture of her changed earrings to her Yaya.
Our church had a 3rd grade Bible presentation, and Gretchen was so excited that she would be receiving her very own Bible from church!
We sat with her BFF, Connor. These two met in kindergarten, and are now in 3rd grade!
A quick photo op with the girls before heading to get cupcakes!
Addy wore this purple smocked dress that my cousin had made for her daughter. She's now a senior in high school!
There was a cute little "photo booth" set up for the 3rd graders, but Addy wanted her picture taken too.
Gretchen with her brand new Bible.
Yay for cupcakes!
After cupcakes, we headed home, but we had to stop and pose for a picture too!
The girls spent most of the afternoon playing outside while I worked on more laundry and some house cleaning. And then we finished up our evening having dinner at football.
Whew, what a busy, fun weekend! Hope you had a great one too!



































No comments:
Post a Comment