Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Life Lately

Last week was LONG, and after Wednesday, I just couldn't find some time to get my blog posts written! So, today, it's a super long edition of Life Lately, because I'm sharing some tidbits from last week and our weekend, which included our very first football game of the season!!! 
Monday was just a typical Monday, but as soon as I got home, I could not adult any longer. I immediately put on my pj's and started dinner. I wasn't motivated for my nightly run, and I just needed some time to not adult. 
But, then I felt guilty, so I pulled out my oils, and found this oil blend to kick my rear in to adulting gear. I mean, I still had to clean up the kitchen, fix lunches, do some laundry, and give all of the girls a bath, and get them tucked in. All solo, because DJ was still at the office. Thankfully, Motivation was the boost I needed to get it all done. 
We had preschool speech/language screens last week. I usually bring my lunch and stay in the building, but since I was out well past lunch time most days, I grabbed something while I was out. I had a coupon for a free bowl at Noodles, so I ordered my food, and then got busy doing some Young Living work. 
When I got back to school, the nurse had told me that Gretchen came in complaining of a sore throat. It was her lunch time, and I caught up with her right before she was going in to the cafeteria. I told her to come see me after lunch so I could put some Thieves oil on her throat, but she asked if she could just eat lunch in my room instead. And, I let her :) 
I had bragged hard last week about Addy not sucking her thumb anymore. And then Wednesday, I walked in to her preschool room and found her sitting on the floor, watching a movie, and she had her thumb in her mouth! And, I about fell over! Seriously, she had stopped sucking her thumb at home, nap time, bed time, and in the car! And there she was, sucking her thumb. She thought she was so clever, and sucked her thumb on our way home....... we haven't gone back to putting the Mavala on her thumb, but we did this past weekend. We tried on Wednesday, but she was throwing a huge fit, and I just didn't have the heart to make her cry more. We also found her sucking her thumb Thursday night after she was tucked in....... So, I guess I spoke too soon that she had completely stopped since we're experiencing a bit of a regression.  
Our oil group started a Ningxia Challenge for the month of September, and I'm so pumped about it! I did some research on Ningxia Red and I was shocked at the benefits! Here's what I knew- it's a high powered antioxidant juice containing wolfberries, essential oils, and formulated by Young Living. And, I remember seeing Dr. Oz speak on the benefits of wolfberries.... and that was about it! I also knew that it was a favorite refresher after my runs, and that it's super yummy!

So, here's what I didn't know about it! 

It contains no "junk juice".... like apple juice, grape juice, etc. It's a whole-food source of protein, fiber, minerals, and vitamins. It contains therapeutic oils of Yuzu, Lemon, Orange, and Tangerine. It contains natural antioxidants which protect the body of free radicals. It supports natural detoxing of the body, and is a natural form of energy with NO sugar! 

And the documented uses are unbelievable! I mean, it's a non-brainer that I should be drinking one of these pouches every single day! 
Thursday afternoon I called DJ to let him know what a crap day it was.... and he told me to make sure I had the girls fed, and that I was dressed for dinner. He had hired a sitter and he was taking me out! Back in August, we had decided that we really needed to have date nights once a month- even during our busy football season! I was expecting a date night later in September, but it was perfect to go ahead and get it "out of the way" early on! (I know our month will just get busier!) He took me to Texas de Brazil, which is a yummy brazilian steakhouse. They have a salad bar with soups and appetizer, sushi, cheese, and more yumminess! Then, you can choose cuts of different meats from gouchos. We also splurged with wine and creme brulee! 
So, I've mentioned before that Addy's teacher sends me pictures of her at school each day. And last week, she was caught sucking her thumb! So, we've been putting our Mavala on her thumb again, and she's doing a little better at home..... and now is trying to suck on her index finger! But, we'll get there. 
On Friday, I had another professional development, so while Addy was at daycare, the big girls were hanging out with their dad. I picked them up, ran some errands, got Adalyn from daycare, and stopped for pizza! We love a good pizza night! 
Later on that evening, it was lots of cuddle time! 
Saturday was our first game of the season! We spent the morning cleaning house, and I let Adalyn get a nap in, because I did not want a cranky 3 year old at the game! We arrived for the last few minutes of our tailgate. 
The girls chowed down on cupcakes and cookies! 
And then we parked it outside of the stadium to watch the band march in. 
So, Gretchen was asked to step in as the "Kickoff Kid" for the first game. Our athletic department paired up with Schlotzsky's Deli and all of the winners that were chosen for the Kickoff Kid contest, weren't able to make it to the game! The marketing guy, just happened to see the girls at the office on Friday, and knew for sure that they would be at the game, so he asked if Gretchen could step in! She was thrilled at the opportunity! So, for the first time, we were able to go down on the field for pregame activities and watch the team run out. We tried a picture, but the sun was in everyone's eyes! 
A pregame selfie
We all hung out on the sidelines during the 1st quarter. 
And, then it was time for the girls to wave for the camera. Megan and Addy were able to wave alongside Gretchen, even though she didn't want to share the spotlight! At first, Addy didn't want to join in, but she ran over at the last minute. 
Look how cute they look up on the video board! 
For most of the game, we hung out in the suite, and then at the end of the 3rd quarter and in to the 4th we tried sitting in the stands. This girl was all over the place and managed to steal a sip of someone's drink and eat popcorn off the ground..... so, it's highly unlikely that we'll make sitting in the stands a weekly occurrence. But, TU won and we were super pumped about it! 
We made it home, and as soon as Addy walked in, she crashed on the couch. (sucking her thumb, of course!) 
Sunday was church day!! I had to work in the nursery, and DJ stayed home to cut the grass. This time, I strategically parked away from the playground, so we were able to get in our Sunday morning John Wesley picture. 
And then we joined DJ for dinner at the football offices on Sunday night. 
And, thankfully, we were home on Monday! Gretchen wanted to make a recipe from her American Girl cookbook, and chose Apple Pancakes. I'm not 100% sure if we'll have it again- the pancake part was doughy, even after I cooked it longer than the instructions said. 

Whew! So, that was our week last week and our weekend! And hopefully, I can manage to get back in the blogging game this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment