Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wardrobe Wednesday: Fall Style

Happy Wednesday friends!!! Today is another edition of Wardrobe Wednesday! Yay! I'm totally loving this little series! 

Today, I'm featuring my fall must haves! Before, I've focused on specific brands (Anthro & White House Black Market) but since fall is right around the corner, I wanted to share my must haves! 
So, this has been me this week! You guys, we had a heat advisory yesterday! Our students weren't allowed to go outside, because the heat index was over 100!!!! I mean, it is practically Fall, but we are definitely not feeling the fall temps here in Oklahoma! 

I am crazy ready for layers, and scarves, and jeans, and booties. 

So, curl up today with your Pumpkin Spice Latte, and let's all pretend it's fall. M'kay?
First up in my must have list: a blanket scarf. I love a good blanket scarf because it just gives me a cozy feeling. There's nothing better than sitting on the sofa, in a Netflix marathon wrapped up in a cozy blanket. And, because let's face it, we can't spend all of our time doing this- we must get dressed and face the world- there's not a better way to do it than with a blanket scarf. Grab one with lots of colors so you can easily pair it with everything! And bonus, if you're traveling- make sure you have a blanket scarf with you, just in case it's freezing on the plane! 
Next up: a Military Jacket or Military Vest. I bought mine last spring, and it's going to carry me right in to fall. I love that I can throw on a military jacket with a simple t-shirt, my favorite earrings, and I'm ready to go. This is usually my go-to look for grocery shopping and running errands in the fall! And this year, I'm wanting to add a military vest to my closet, because it can be a versatile piece to wear over dresses. 
You guys, when booties were trending a few years ago, I was not going to hop on the bootie train. No way, no how. Now, I'm all like "give me all the booties! I love booties!!!" Seriously, how did I live without these. This pair of  Dolce Vita Booties are my favorites! I already have a pair of booties from Dolce Vita, but I love the cow-girl esque look these booties have. 
Next up on my Fall must haves: Hue Leggings. I bought my first pair about two years ago, and they did not disappoint. I love the ultra-wide waistband. If you don't have these leggings in your life, then you're seriously missing out. I promise you'll thank me when you're binge watching Netflix, and then when you have to run out the door to grab your kids from school. 
I don't have these in my closet, but I plan on adding in some Distressed Wide Leg Jeans soon. I'm all about the skinny jean, even though I scratched my head at that trend in the beginning. And threw out all of my wide leg jeans. But my friends, they're back! And now they're distressed. Can I get an Amen?
I love to wear a good dress. When I don't feel like ironing, then I can throw on a dress and in a flash I'm ready to go. Chance are, if you see me wearing a dress, it's not because I wanted to dress up. It's because I was running late or didn't want to iron! I mean, sometimes pants are just SO difficult. I totally love this striped dress, and think it would be adorable with the military vest I plan on adding to my closet. 
And finally, an Off-the-Shoulder sweater. I know, right? This is not something that I would typically pick out for myself, but when I was searching for fall trends, off the shoulder dresses, shirts, and sweaters kept popping up! I love the snowy white feeling oft his sweater, and the wider sleeves. It just screams COZY!  Am I right?

Okay, you're turn! What are your fall wardrobe must haves?!

I'm linking up today with The Pleated Poppy for What I Wore Wednesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment