Monday, May 1, 2017

And This Is Life.....

I had every intention to blog three times last week. And ya know what.... life happened.

I've been feeling a little convicted lately, after reading Present Over Perfect, that something in my life needs to go. But, I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what that one thing needs to be. I had this conversation with DJ a while ago, and unfortunately, he couldn't think of something that I could realistically let go either.

My options include: full time job (nope), Young Living job (nope), working out (nope), or this blog. And, honestly, I don't wan to give up this blog. At the beginning of the year, I was determined to stick to a three day a week schedule, and then I just had a lot to write about. But, I haven't had a lot of time. So, for now, the blog is getting put on the back burner, but I plan on using this weekend to catch up and get some posts written and scheduled. Because, my brain can't shut off with blog post topics, and I feel like they need to be shared. Someone needs to read them.

Anyway, I'm sharing, because you might be wondering why I jumped off the blogosphere last week, and because maybe, you need to let something go to, but you just need a little shove?

I mean, this is just life.....
I was having the girls clean up the toys that somehow found their way downstairs, and you know when you say "if this isn't cleaned up in 1 minute, then it's going in the trash?" Well, Adalyn called my bluff, and told me that I could throw her babies away. She didn't want them anymore. Thankfully, Megan saved the babies. 
Sunday afternoon, I met with a team member and we did some work at Starbucks..... but, I don't drink coffee, so water it was! It was so nice sitting out in the sun and just working and talking! 
And at some point, these hooligans decided to jump on the bed while I was changing the sheets. 
My niece recently graduated from Navy bootcamp. I guess that's what it's called? She sent each of the girls a sailors hat, and they are loving them! We snapped this picture to send to her! She said that she was going to send them a Navy cheerleading uniform, but since Tulsa plays Navy in football, she knew that the girls would never wear them! 
Some days, you just need a ponytail! I searched and searched for one in my purse and did a little "praise Jesus" when I found one! Plus, how cute are these BaubleBar for Target! (similar here) I also really like this pair
Wednesday night, Gretchen and I had to run a few quick errands after her musical theater class. We ran in to Sprouts and I found a 5 Lb bag of Albanese Gummy Bears!!!! So, my mother in law lives near the Albanese factory in Indiana, so we always visit when we're there. And, twice this year, she's sent us a 5 Lb bag, and we use it to bribe our children! (don't judge). Well, we've been out for about a month, and I was pumped when I found these locally! These are the juiciest gummy bears, I've ever had! And, now our kids are sleeping in their beds, and doing all sorts of things for us again! 
Thursday night, I had an oil make & take with a friend, and I made peppermint brownies for us! What girls night is complete without chocolate? I just use my regular brownie mix and add 3 drops of peppermint essential oil! So delicious! 
Megan has mastered almost all of her 1st grade sight words!! She has one more list to complete and she's there! Her teacher has been sending her home with little books, so she sat in my room after school and read Pete the Cat to me. 
After dropping off the girls at home, I headed to my girls oil night! We drank wine, had yummy orange fruit dip, and peppermint brownies! 
We chatted about essential oils, and made bath salts!
Megan has been learning about "community helpers" in school. She's had a visit from a fire truck, an army guy, a police man, and dentist. They wrapped up their unit by dressing as what they wanted to be when they grew up. Megan chose a veterinarian! 
And Adalyn, has still been having some difficult days at preschool, but we're working on them! Her teacher sent me this picture of her making a Humpty Dumpty! Pray for me, because I'm super nervous about sending her to preschool next year since her behavior has been less than stellar over the last two weeks! 

Whew, so that's been a little bit of life. 

I'll be around more often this week, since I'm carving out some writing time this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment