Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Show & Tell Tuesday: Blast From the Past

I'm linking up today with Andrea over at Momfessionals for Show & Tell Tuesdays!
Today, we're flashing back and taking a walk down memory lane......

I thought it would be fun to share some of what I loved while I was growing up.... and, after taking this walk down memory lane, I'm suddenly thankful that my mom has all of my old photos!
I mean, I stole this one off of her Facebook, but for the most part, my embarrassing childhood photos are tucked away safely at her house. This is an Easter photo, and maybe I was all of 4.....

And, while I was born in the 80s, and grew up in the 90s, I consider myself an eclectic lover of all things 80s and 90s. Especially the music. Bands like Chicago, Tiffany, Cyndi Lauper, Bon Jovi, New Kids, Madonna...... I mean, I still jam to my 80s station on Pandora, and at the end of the month, I'm heading to New Kids, Paula Abdul, and Boys II Men concert. My poor kids are pretty ashamed when I rock out in the car. 

I grew up watching Saved by the Bell. It was my all time favorite. Even know, I will catch myself watching an episode. 
A friend of mine and I still exchange SBTB trivia questions randomly. Go ahead, ask me anything. 
Blossom was also a favorite, along with shows like Clarissa Explains It All on Nickelodeon, and The Secret World of Alex Mac. As I grew in to my teenage years, I never missed an episode of Dawson's Creek. 
And, I totally had a crush on this guy from Casper. 

I eventually found myself listening to the Spice Girls, and songs like "Barbie Girl". Sixpence None the Richer.... yes, please. 

Y'all, my music taste is just as random now as it was then. 
Did anyone else shop from dELiaAs? We didn't have a store locally, but I still remember the too short plaid dress that I was allowed to order from there. 
And, I know we all totally wore these shoes. 
And, had Dr Martens. I loved these boots with a good plaid shirt. 

Thankfully, I survived the 90s, and moved on to college in 2000.
I was a college sorority girl through and through. We wore matching shirts and sang our hearts out during recruitment.
And then I met these girls, who weren't sorority girls at all, but we got each other. 
I thought a flashback to one of my very first Facebook profile pictures would be fun. I'm pretty sure I took this picture with a real camera! 
And, one of the first photos of DJ and I when we were newlyweds! 

It's always fun to take a walk down memory lane! I can't wait to read other link ups today and see your own blasts from the past!



No comments:

Post a Comment