This past weekend was a blast! The sun was out, and it was finally May weather #norain and we enjoyed ourselves!
We kicked off Cinco De May by heading to Chuy's for dinner!
We filled up on nachos, house-made tortillas, and all the fixings!
The girls were pumped with free push up pops at the end of our meal!
These girls passed some time by playing some little hand games.
After dinner, we headed to At Home to pick out some new cushions for the patio, and then we headed to Lowe's for some flower shopping.
Saturday morning, DJ was gone early for TU's graduation. He attended the sports reception, where two of his student workers were honored with athletic stoles.
While DJ was at graduation, the girls and I hit up the gym. We ran some errands, and found ourselves looking at the puppies up for adoption.
And then we headed to Target to finish up a few more errands before heading home for lunch.
After lunch, Adalyn and I ran a few more errands, while DJ mowed the grass. When we got home we planted flowers, and I worked on cleaning out the patio.
We purchased new cushions and some pillows for our patio, and I love the way it turned out!
Saturday night, the girls had a babysitter, while DJ and I went to an engagement party, of which I took zero pictures of the entire time.
Sunday morning, the girls wore their new Matilda Jane dresses to church, but they weren't up for cooperating for a picture! Ha. The best I could get.
After church, DJ took the little girls out for lunch, and Gretchen I grabbed lunch and ran some errands before her musical theater recital pictures.
This year, she's performing three songs and acting a portion of Peter Pan, so she's dressed as a "Lost Kid". All of the kids in her class had different costume pieces- some had pants, some had sashes, others had different shirts, different skirts....they were all so cute! I can't wait to see their performance on stage in a few weeks!
We were told to style their hair in either pigtails, braids, or a ponytail, so we opted for a messy look with a french braid, and a messy ponytail. I kind of love the way her hair turned out!
We came home, and the weather was gorgeous! The girls played outside, and I ended up reading in the backyard and dozing off for a bit! I woke up to Gretchen telling me that she was bored, so I let her bake brownies all by herself! She was pumped!!!
And then I joined the rest of the family in the front yard.
I got the sidewalk chalk paint out for the girls....
and our neighbors ended up coming over to play.
We decided to have them over for dinner, and we grilled burgers and had all the fixings! We stayed outside until well after 8, and the girls finally made it to bed by 9!
The weather made me long for summer! I'm excited we only have 11 more days of school!
Summer is made for slowing down. Enjoying each other. There's no hustle and bustle, and it's just what is needed at the moment!

















No comments:
Post a Comment