We had friends tell us for years how wonderful Costco is, but, we didn't have one too terribly close to us. Before we moved from Tulsa, a Costco was built, but it was 30 minutes or so in an area of town that we were rarely in. Now, we have one super close to our house, and DJ and I joined back in October, and now we're HUGE fans!
I love reading what other people find at Costco and definitely love their recommendations, so I thought I'd share what we've found and are loving.
These Teriyaki and Pineapple kabobs are new for us. With gymnastics twice a week, I need some things that are super easy for dinner. We actually had these last night, and I love that I can just pull out how many we need, and not have to cook the entire box.
The girls love grape tomatoes in their lunches, so I always get a huge container of them.
These are new for us too. The girls saw them and wanted to try them, and I thought they'd be something easy for their snack time at school, or that I could put one in their lunch with a hard boiled egg and some fruit and veggies for an easy lunch.... especially on those busy nights where I don't feel like fixing sandwiches for the next day.
DJ and I bought these the day we joined, and the girls are obsessed. They ask for these every week, and we all love them. They're individually wrapped, so again, I can pull out what we need. We can usually get two dinners out of the box of 6, because I make the girls share one!
I found these noodles, and they came in a 6 pack of different noodles shapes. I've made them with a "lasagna" type dish, or even with spaghetti. I have plans to make chicken spaghetti one night for dinner with these, or even to add these to a soup.
This is one of my favorite money saving finds.... 4 packs of juice boxes for less than $10.00. The girls get these in their lunches, and we go through so much juice because I'm packing 15 lunches each week, so that's 15 juice boxes.
My girls love going to Costco and getting the samples. And honestly, I love it, because they're trying new foods that they probably wouldn't try if I bought them on my own and brought them home.... For example, this week they tried a chicken fried rice, and loved it. I have plans to get them on my next Costco trip.
On our last trip, the girls tried these chocolate covered mangos, and we're obsessed. They were a fun treat, and I honestly didn't remember them when we went to Costco earlier this week, but Gretchen asked about getting them again.
Gretchen and Megan both love these string cheeses in their lunch.
Megan and Adalyn both eat Pirates Booty, so I grab a huge bag and just scoop them out in to individual baggies for lunches or snacks.
Costco has a popcorn gift basket right now, so we grabbed two of these to give as gifts for DJ's students. They each got to choose a bag of popcorn to take with them.
Are you a Costco shopper? What are your favorite finds there?
No comments:
Post a Comment