Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday Favorites

We have two Friday's left before Christmas and I'm starting to panic. I need to get teacher gifts together, finish up shopping for our parents and ship gifts, and finish up shopping for DJ. Thankfully, we're almost finished with the girls, but we still have a few things to get for them. Let me be honest, I feel like we haven't "Christmased" at all this year. DJ just put Christmas lights on the house this week; he has such late nights at work, and we're also planning around football practices, after school activities, and just all the things. 

We're going to try to squeeze in some Christmas fun this weekend!
I'm sharing my Friday Favorites today and linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci. 
This past weekend we went on a little getaway to Houston. It was so cold here in Texas, and my CC Beanie kept me nice and cozy. It's definitely a favorite in the winter time.
Last week, Shay over at Mix & Match Mama shared that she had an Ugly Sweater Party for her oldest daughter, and I thought it was the cutest idea! I haven't had a chance to volunteer at the girls school and meet any of their friends, so I thought we'd throw our own Ugly Sweater Party this weekend! Each of the girls invited a few friends, and we're going to have pizza, play Christmas bingo, and decorate cookies. They are SO excited about this party! I found the invitations at Hobby Lobby. 
I found this popcorn at Target and I was super excited to see that it was non GMO, made with real butter, and the bag didn't have a plastic coating. I thought I'd share in case anyone else looks for non GMO food. 
When we went to Houston, I unpacked the girls toiletry bags they had packed, and realized everyone brought their Thieves toothpaste. Think it's our favorite?
And this is my favorite diffuser blend at night. Especially when DJ is out of town. He had to go to New Orleans for an overnight trip to prepare for the Sugar Bowl, and I popped this in my diffuser, and I had the best nights sleep. 
We had family game night earlier this week, and I'm thrilled to report that Adalyn and I dominated Sorry. Megan is getting Connect 4 for Christmas, and I can't wait to play it with her! 
We finished up our Christmas cards this week, and they're probably my favorite ever! I was able to find Texas Longhorn cards this summer, and I printed photo cards from Shutterfly to go with them. 
Seriously, how cute is Santa riding Bevo?!
This popped up in my Timehop this week, and it made me all sorts of sad. This little girl is about to turn 11. I miss her dancing around the house, and those tiny little clothes.
But also, let's reflect on her picture with Santa back when she was 2. She totally took the candy cane and ran. Ha!

Happy Friday friends! I'm off to check my Christmas list and wrap up my to-do list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment