Christmas Eve morning, the girls woke up to their North Pole Breakfast. We started this tradition years ago, and frankly I wasn't sure the girls even remembered until Gretchen said something about it Sunday afternoon.
Usually, our elves go all out with gingerbread houses, fun doughnuts, lots of fruit, muffins....... but this year, our elves kept it nice and simple :)
The table was lined with kraft paper and wrapping paper.
Each setting had a new Santa plate, a Christmas popper, and a mug for hot chocolate.
I found the cutest little snowflake marshmallows for the girls hot chocolate.
There were also stickers, so the girls could decorate the paper.
Our elves stuffed themselves in to a little sack and waited for the girls to wake up.
They also left a note on the table, asking them to please watch a movie quietly until everyone else was awake. Typically, we let them wake us up when they wake up and discover the breakfast, but since Adalyn was sick, we didn't want her waking up super early. The girls were wonderful and kept quiet until the rest of us woke up. I made cinnamon rolls while they were waiting on their dad to get out of bed.
Each kiddo had hot chocolate with their snowflake marshmallow.
We serve powder doughnuts each year, and we usually have Krispy Kreme doughnuts, but you know, I don't even think I've seen one since we moved to Austin. I opted for cinnamon rolls and blue berries.
The girls had fun cracking their poppers
Megan had a magnifying glass in hers. Gretchen had dice, and Adalyn had little playing cards.
Bless her little sick heart.
G was a fan of the breakfast, and even at 10, I'm thankful her little heart believes.
That's better, Addy :)
The elves also brought shrinky dinks for the girls, so they colored them after breakfast.
Later in the afternoon, we baked them.
Each of the shrinky dinks have a hole so we'll hang them on the girls tree upstairs.
We love this little tradition.
No comments:
Post a Comment