Friday, December 21, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday before Christmas! I'm officially declaring today Netflix and Chill day. The girls are off to school until noon, so I have just a few hours to get the wrapping done for all the grandparents and get to the post office. So, I'm staying home in my comfy clothes, turning on Netflix, and wrapping lots of gifts this morning! 
I'm linking up with Erika, Narci, and Andrea for Friday Favorites and sharing a random list of favorites from the past week.  
DJ and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on Monday. Sunday night we hired a babysitter and went to Perrys in downtown Austin. Dinner was delicious. 

Monday, our actual anniversary, was pretty uneventful. 

This is how I summed up our day on Facebook.

"What does 13 years of marriage look like?
Well, for starters, it looks like your husband leaving for work before you wake up, because he had to be there at 6 am to set up a conference call.
It looked like rushing your kids around because no one wanted to wake up this morning, and missing breakfast because I was still full from last nights dinner. But, finding a card on your purse as you head out the door.
It looked like dropping kids off at school, and leaving a voicemail for your husband because he's in a meeting.
Leaving work, and finally talking to your husband for maybe 10 minutes before he had to go.
Driving home, picking up the girls, and them throwing their backpacks and lunch boxes everywhere. It meant, letting the dog out 20 times, the girls getting grass in the house, and then settling in to watch a few episodes of Fuller House.
It was answering the phone while you were on the toilet just for your husband to tell you that he found a pest control guy and he'd be home soon.
It meant, cooking dinner while flossing in the kitchen with a kiddo.... then, kids complaining about dinner.
It was a husband doing the dishes while you cleaned the table, and the girls cleaned their rooms. It meant telling each of them why they so desperately needed a bath, while your husband unloads the dishwasher. It looked like me vacuuming the dining room rug while he loaded the dishwasher. It was me mopping. Me giving Adalyn a bath. Me putting away laundry, while he's still cleaning the kitchen.
It meant me mopping more while he finally sat down for 15 minutes getting a break from his day.
Tucking kids in, reading them stories, fixing lunches.
Friends, 13 years is hard work, but I sure am blessed that I have a partner to dig in and do life with me even if we're grumbling at times."

Young Living released a new foot scrub, and I tried it out this week, and yes, it's definitely going to be a favorite! First of all, it's a great size! The scrub contains four natural exfoliants—black volcanic sand from Iceland, volcanic rock pumice from Italy, diatomaceous earth from the seas of Denmark, and coconut shell powder from France—that reveal soft, silky, healthy-looking skin. The foot scrub also opens up your pores, so applying essential oils on the bottoms of your feet during your nightly routine gives you maximum absorption.

And psst- I may have tried it out on my face! 
Addy came in to my bathroom this week and claimed that her arms was disappeared! She was so proud of herself and thought she was so funny! 
I'm pretty sure Mary was one happy lady when the wise men brought her Frankincense and Myrrh! Which, just so happen to be some pretty epic essential oils! 
This cute little oily gift came in this week! My friend, Chrissy sent me the cutest little mason jar glass, a roller bottle, a Joy essential oil (which is literally my favorite), and a Thieves roller, which I hadn't had a chance to order yet! Chrissy has a big, big heart and just loves so big! She's heading in to the hospital this weekend and will have surgery next week, and will be away from her kiddos on Christmas. Can you do me a favor and lift her up in prayer?
The enneagram is quickly becoming my favorite. I took the enneagram test a few months ago, and then forgot my number. I took it this week, and I'm a "1", which this "bingo" from Enneagramandcoffee over on Instagram, describes me perfectly! 

I have a strong, opinionated personality, and I'm typically a go-getter perfectionist, but I also often question myself and wonder if I'm doing the right thing and making a good impression. 

Have you taken an Ennegram yet? 
Yesterday, the girls had their Christmas parties at school. I was able to move around my schedule to take the day off, and go to each party. 

I can't believe this was Gretchen's last Christmas party :( Next year, she'll be in middle school, so no more parties for her. Thankfully, this year, she's met sweet friends. 
Our last Christmas party selfie. 
Adalyn's party was around noon, and she had a fun time! Her class played a few games, ate some yummy snacks, and then they facetimed their teacher who has been on maternity leave. 
I love this little kindergarten cutie. 
Megan's entire grade celebrated together. They had a tons of food in their pod, and then crafts set up in the classrooms. They made candy cane ornaments and reindeer food, and a cute little coffee filter Santa. 
We had fun going from room to room and celebrating. 

Next week, we'll be celebrating my favorite holiday, and focusing on Jesus' birth and family. 

We are so thankful for this time of year.

Friends, I hope you're celebrating Jesus next week too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment