Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Firecracker Casserole

Last week, I needed to throw together a quick dinner, with ingredients I had on hand, and I had no inspiration. Thankfully, Pinterest is always reliable, and I found a recipe for Firecracker Casserole. It's a tex-mex inspired casserole, and I thought I'd share it for y'all too! 
Here's my final dish! Lots of cheesy goodness! 
Here's what you'll need:
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Rotel
1 can Black Beans
Tortillas
Shredded Cheese
Ground Beef
Bell Peppers (optional)
Taco Mix or seasonings. 
Here's what you'll do:

Brown your ground beef, add in chopped bell peppers (onions would be a good option too), and taco seasonings. 
Our local HEB makes tortillas fresh in store, and they're the best! I love having these on hand for a quesadilla, taco night, or for this casserole. 
While the meat is cooking, mix together your cans. (You'll definitely want to drain and rinse the black beans.)
In a casserole dish, spray with cooking spray (I use coconut oil), on the bottom of the dish, layer some of your soup mixture, and then torn up tortillas on top. Then, add your taco meat, soup mix, and some cheese. Repeat this process all the way to the top and finish with cheese on top. 
Lots of yummy layers! 

Bake in a 350 oven for 50 minutes. I think 30-40 would've been fine! My cheese got a little crisp! 
We ate in individual servings, and I added some fruit for the girls! 

If you make this dish, let me know! 

You can find all of my pinned dinner recipes on Pinterest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment