Friday, April 19, 2019

Friday Favorites: Football & Key Rings

Happy Friday!!! 

We are excited for Easter weekend, and spending some family time together. The girls are out of school today, and you know, they've never had a Good Friday off, so thank you Texas :) 
I'm linking up today and sharing our favorites from the week. 

Saturday afternoon was Texas' spring football game. 

One of my favorite questions as a football wife, is "what does your husband do in the off season?" Well, there isn't really an off season since football runs August through the end of December, and then recruiting takes place in January, and then Spring ball begins in March and lasts about 4 weeks. 

At the end of the Spring practice, there's almost always a scrimmage game, and in true Texas fashion- everything is bigger- this Spring game was the largest I've ever seen.  
We spent some time with DJ on the field and the girls were excited to see Bevo again. They asked him about his new little brother that was born earlier this year. 
The spring game always means that we get this guy home again for a while, so it's always something I look forward to! 

The girls and I attempted to watch the game from the stands, but it was cold and windy, so we went inside to the 50 yard line club, and the girls played while I sat on the sofa to watch bits and pieces of the game. 

After the game, Noah North and Ludacris performed, but it was super cold and the girls were exhausted, so we called it a night and headed home. 
Saturday night, we surprised the girls with tickets to see Double Dare Live!!!

You have to be 10 to be on stage, so we pre-registered myself and Gretchen. 
Just two excited girls waiting on Double Dare to begin. 
Several of the football staff members were there, and one coach even got chosen to be on stage for "musical pies" They called his daughter's on stage to pie him in the face! 
Gretchen was finally chosen to go on stage with her "family". There was an intermission, and we let her join with some other moms and a "brother" nearby. They competed, but quickly lost and had to come sit back down. 

As much as she wanted to win, she also just really wanted to get on stage, so she had fun! 
Spring is definitely springing, so we made the girls a roller bottle this week. It's a quick and easy DIY with 8 drops of peppermint, lemon, and lavender, and we are rolling it all over to help us survive the season. 
Tuesday night, I took the girls to Chick Fil A, but quickly regretted the decision, when I realized they were having a theme night. The place was nuts! The girls made a craft, got a goodie bag, and we tried to eat as quickly as possible! 
Then, I crawled in to bed with these girls since DJ was out of town. 
Have y'all heard of Oventure key rings?

My mom received one as a gift a few years ago, and I must be honest, I thought it was kind of ridiculous. I mean, it was huge! But, then I started seeing them more, and convinced myself that I needed one. And y'all, it's life changing! Ha! 

I ordered one when they were on a GMA special, and I'm obsessed! I love that I can find my keys easier in my purse, and I love that I can just slide the keyring on my arm and go. 

Mine is here.
These would make a perfect Mother's day gift or gift for teacher's appreciation!  

Speaking of Mother's day..... I'm almost always late with gifts, but I've convinced myself if I start early then I'll be prepared- so, all next week, I'm sharing Mother's day gift ideas over on my Facebook page! 
I hope you all have a blessed Easter weekend. Enjoy your time with family and loved ones and remember that Christ has Risen. 

Be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment