I ended up taking a blogging hiatus last week, even though I fully attended to have a post up on Friday. But, life got busy, and I feel like we've been barely keeping our head above water this Spring.
DJ has been working long days with football, but thankfully, this was the last weekend, and while I'm hoping we'll get back to "normal" our calendars are jammed packed for the next two months! DJ and I were going through everything, and it was a wee bit overwhelming. We seriously have plans every weekend through June 1. Yikes!
Anyway, here's a quick look at life lately, and then later this week, I have some fun content planned for y'all, so I do hope you'll be back!
Two weekends ago, we had a very rainy Saturday, and it turns out, it was exactly what we needed. We literally had a weekend of doing nothing and we were stuck inside because of the rain. Looking back, I'm kind of jealous of that weekend!
Megan wanted to go outside in the rain, so we let her, so long as she had proper rain attire.
A few seconds after this, there was lots of thunder and lightening!
That night, Gretchen had a sleepover! They had a little spa night and had so much fun! I love that she's made good friends here in Texas.
The weather last week was gorgeous! Though, somehow, Texas skipped Spring entirely despite that rainy weekend, it's been in the upper 80s here.
Monday after school, we rode our bikes to the lake and the girls played on the playground.
There were also lots of people at the beach area, though I figured the water would be cold! But, I let the girls wade on in anyway.
Tuesday is our busy evening. Addy has gymnastics, and then Megan, and then Gretchen has her acting class. We were a few minutes early to Gretchen's class, so the girls played on the playground and climbed a tree.
The entire time I kept thinking how DJ would be telling them to get down. He hates when they climb on things!
And sometimes, you have to stop and make a wish.
Adalyn has been ALL about the dresses lately! And this old doll! My mom gave Gretchen this doll on her 1st birthday, now it's Megan and Adalyn's favorite doll. Her name use to be Laura, but now it's Cora. She goes with us to a lot of places, and even accompanied Adalyn in the car on the way to school.
Wednesday afternoon, Megan came home early from school. She ran in to a pole on the playground, and had a bump on her head. The nurse called and initially said she was fine but later called back because Megan had been crying and said her head hurt. So, I moved my schedule around and spent the afternoon with her.
I let her pick out an oil for our diffuser, and she just stood there breathing it in.
Then, we made chocolate chip cookies!
Psst- I'm sharing the recipe with y'all soon!
Thursday afternoon, Adalyn and I ran to Target to pick up a few things for dinner. She jumped in to the circle and asked me to take her picture.
And then she asked if Cora could take a picture too.
Friday, the girls had award assemblies.
Adalyn earned a science award along with perfect attendance.
Can you spot her in the green dress?
Megan earned A/B honor roll and perfect attendance.
Do you see her on the end?
And Gretchen received A/B honor roll!
I was able to sneak in a quick hug before she went back to class.
And her sweet friend's mom sent this picture!
That's a little look at life lately!
I hope life has been giving you some down time!
No comments:
Post a Comment