Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gretchen's 1st (real) Band-Aid!

Gretchen required her first "real" band-aid this week, and being the 1st time mommy that I am, I had to snap a picture!

She has had band-aid's in the past, but only to cover up shots from the pediatrician's office, so this was the first time that she required one at home.

DJ as busy cooking dinner (yes, he cooks!) and I was unloading the dishwasher (as you can see from the picture below), while Gretchen was coloring (at least, we thought she was). She came over and said "uh oh" and showed us her finger, which had quite a bit of blood on it. The blood was also on her face and on her picnic table (where she was suppose to be coloring). I quickly grabbed a wet wash cloth to soak up and clean up the blood, and found a band aid. Sadly, I couldn't find the really cute themed band aids that I had purchased months ago for this type of occassion, but I had some plain ones in her first aid box, so that had to do. Before applying the band aid I looked at the cut and told DJ that it was just a paper cut and that she'd be fine.

Here she is showing off her band aid:


She was so proud! I later told DJ how pathetic it was that her first band aid requiring injury was from a paper cut! And we went on with the evening as planned.
After she was in bed, DJ found a small ornament shaped candle holder on the floor by our bookcase. He picked it up, and saw that it was broken. He quickly realized that Gretchen cut herself while playing with this, instead of a paper cut from coloring!!!!


1 comment:

  1. How funny! Glad her little finger is ok, but those pictures are so cute!

    ReplyDelete