Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ferrydust Photography: Feature & Giveaway

I want to introduce you to Amanda, a fabulous photographer that I met online. She has three adorable little boys and has just started a photography business. Amanda lives in Ohio, and does family, maternity, and children portraits, as well as taking amazing art photographs.

This, is probably my most favorite picture of her. Likely, because I know I could never capture it. There's just something so whimsical about this little bubble.

Amanda started to pursue photography when she had her children. It started out because she just wanted really good pictures of her kids, but when she took a picture of a peony that was in her husbands grandfathers yard (he had passed away, and she took it for her husband to remember him by) everyone loved it!

Amanda states that she doesn't get the fuss, but that everyone loves her pictures, so she just goes with it!
Amanda loves to take pictures of children. (Even though, I'm showcasing her most artistic work.) She said that she loves to get shots of them when they're not aware that she is taking a picture. Amanda isn't a huge fan of posed pictures and firmly believes that the best pictures happen when the objects personality can be plainly viewed. "You don't have to be smiling for the picture to be great" she explains.

Amanda also loves to get nature photos, as she feels that its not too hard to find beauty in nature.
Amanda started selling her artwork on Artfire, after many people suggested that she try to sell them, because her work is beautiful! She says that she's going to take her pictures no matter what, but she at leasts wants others to be able to enjoy them!
You can purchase any of the photographs featured here for right around $15.00 (8x10). Other sizes or custom orders are available on request. You can find "Ferrydust Photography" on Artfire, and you can find it on facebook.
Amanda is offering all HPA viewers a 15% discount for the month of May! And, she's offering a GIVEAWAY of one of her photos to a reader!
If you'd like to WIN a FREE 8x10 photograph, head over to Amanda's artifire store and leave a comment telling me which photograph you'd like to win! This entry is mandatory!
I'll give you an extra entry if you "like" Ferrydust Photography on facebook.
Please leave your email, so Amanda can contact you if you win! Winner will be chosen by Random, and will be announced 27th!



18 comments:

  1. Thanks!! This is a great blog! I'm blushing over here b/c it is about me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sprinkle me some Ferrydust, yo!

    Love ya, Amanda!
    savethemakos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this photographer...she is awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Amanda's photography! ;0

    tamaraseymour21@yahoo.com !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda is so talented and I am thrilled that she has started selling her amazing prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Look at all these hot topicers!

    I love your flower pictures, Amanda! On my way to find your site right now!!

    FrugalLittleThing@Gmail.com

    (Kelly-MyNameIsPearl)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda has a great eye for photography. She can capture an ordinary everyday item and make it look whimsical. She tells a story with her photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pictures!!

    davidson747@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love so many of Amanda's photos, there are a few that I would LOVE to buy once things aren't so tight.

    -Krista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krista's email: kthrelkeld @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower from Friday Follow.

    Love the photography! I'm amateur, but love the technique of talented people like her!

    Thanks for sharing! Please visit my blog and follow back :)

    Melanie
    www.jonathanandmelanie.blogspot.com
    mel2266@gmail.com
    Featured Blogger on Mommies Faves

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the "A play on Black and White--Original Photograph" Amazing!!

    audreyscountrycrafts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these photos. When i go to the store I only see about 11 photos though. I wanted to select the bubble on the grass photo, love that one but from the ones i see on the site i love Select color Photograph.
    bassgiraffe@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. "like" Ferrydust Photography on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, I love either Spring in Pink or Web of Twigs & Flowers. Both beautiful!
    mrspink3(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Grapes in the Sun would look great in my kitchen.

    Melissa
    mel_423@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely LOVE these pictures! Her pictures are the kind I always try to take, but never can. :)I have looked at her work for a few weeks now, and they would definitely look great in my living room!

    ReplyDelete