Tuesday, March 29, 2011

31 weeks: Only 8 left


This picture was taken at 30 1/2 weeks, but I'm at 31 weeks and 1 day! Meaning, I only have 8 weeks to go until my scheduled induction, 8 weeks until we meet Baby Megan, and 8 weeks until we're a family of 4! It also means that i'll see DJ in 8 weeks!


I guess you could say that 8 is my favorite number- at least for this week!


I wanted to wait and update on the pregnancy, until my doctor appointment today. Thankfully, I've only gained 1 lb. per week over the last 2 weeks, and I still don't feel as swollen as I was with Gretchen at this point. I actually feel better than I did when I was pregnant with her.


I ended up seeing the nurse practitioner today, because my doctor was in a delivery. She checked the heartbeat (140s) and measured my belly, & just said that I was right on track.


We were able to pick out a crib sheet for Megan's nursery last week, and decided on the bumper & crib skirt- i'll post pictures of our 'inspiration' later.


I also decided on her coming home outfit. I had wanted to purchase something myself, but my grandmother purchased a beautiful pink smocked bubble suit that had a matching bonnet and blanket, that we'll be using instead.


At 31 weeks, Megan should weight about 3 lbs, and be 18 inches long. (No wonder I feel like my stomach is being stretched in all directions!) She should also be getting signals from all 5 of her senses, and sleeping for longer periods of time.


In two more weeks, I'll have another appointment. Followed by another two week visit, and then my weekly's!


I started to feel the nesting kick in while we were in Tulsa, and scrubbed all of the baseboards in our new house! I have a lot of her clothes hanging in the closet, but I need to get out the clothes that belonged to Gretchen. I received our cloth diaper detergent today, so all of my diapers need to be washed and prepped. And, this weekend, I'll finally be putting together a registry, since my work so kindly offered to have a shower for me! I also still need to make their 'Big Sis/Lil Sis' shirts.


We also need to get the swing out for my sister-in-law, and the bouncy seat put together. And the car seat out of the attic, and the pac-n-play put up. I've procrastinated much longer this time around, especially since we'll be moving about 3 weeks after she's born!

1 comment: