Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Turquoise & Red Interchangeable Hair Bow

When I was in college, a friend got married... her wedding colors were turquoise and red, and I immediately thought what an odd color combination. However, when I saw her wedding, I realized that it was actually a gorgeous color combination.

Fast forward a few years, to when Gretchen was about 6 months old.... she had a beautiful smocked outfit that was turquoise and red. I loved that little dress on her, and I'm hoping Megan will eventually be able to wear it as well.

I sat down to bow making the other night, and sat staring at my ribbon. I knew I wanted to make another 'over-the-top' hair bow, and I had this aqua/turquoise ribbon in my stash. My mind immediately went back to my friends wedding, so I got to work.

And, this is what happened: The turquoise bow features white polk a dots- it is adorned with two tiny red bows on the side, and sits a top a solid red boutique bow, a turquoise surround-a-loop, and a turquoise 'spray'. It's all topped off with a sparkling red center.
Which, just so happens to be detachable!!! Your little honey can wear the clippie alone, attached to the hair bow, or she can wear the bow, and use the clippie to pull back any loose strands!
I love the idea that it's interchangeable and has so many versatile 'looks'!

1 comment: